Johnathan Crompton

Crompton_Falls.gif

Weird pic when you reflect on it. Not sure I've ever seen him show that kind of enjoyment at USC. Not sure, don't see all their games.

Wonder if he could be a victim of the, be careful what you wish for because you just might get it. Dude looked pretty happy there..l.not seen that look at USC.

If I remember right wasn't he like a top 5 all time rating for a QB coming out of high school when fulmer got him (or maybe highest rated in his state, something)? Had kiffin had him 4 years... or even 3 or 2... kid mighta been something.

Yes, the one thing I can't hate on kiffin for. He made him a player that senior year.

All Kiffin did was dumb the play book down. He rolled Cromp out to cut the field in half.

Nope. They are full price. Ridiculous

Wow, that is ridiculous. I never would have guessed that. I was thinking they were either free (similar to our Orange and White game) or at a discounted price mainly so fans that couldn't afford/go to regular season games could go

Wow, that is ridiculous. I never would have guessed that. I was thinking they were either free (similar to our Orange and White game) or at a discounted price mainly so fans that couldn't afford/go to regular season games could go

If you are a season ticket holder you agree to buy the 2 home preseason games as well. Crazy

All Kiffin did was dumb the play book down. He rolled Cromp out to cut the field in half.

Nobody likes to acknowledge that tidbit. Its funny how he's made out to be Johnny Unitas in his senior year.

Good luck to the guy, though.

Weird pic when you reflect on it. Not sure I've ever seen him show that kind of enjoyment at USC. Not sure, don't see all their games.

Wonder if he could be a victim of the, be careful what you wish for because you just might get it. Dude looked pretty happy there..l.not seen that look at USC.

Me either, but, like you I don't watch all of USC's games. Keep in mind - it's not like Kiff was always like that. Most of the time he had a "serious, unexpressive" personality. Just like he is now at USC.

That's ...... pretty much it. Crompton was here 5 years and the game never slowed down for him. What really happened his senior year was Kiffin finally took the playbook down to a high school offense and made Crompton go from awful to serviceable.

That's ...... pretty much it. Crompton was here 5 years and the game never slowed down for him. What really happened his senior year was Kiffin finally took the playbook down to a high school offense and made Crompton go from awful to serviceable.

Ok but to be fair he went from awful to much better than "serviceable". He was a beast once he turned it around. IIRC didn't he end up leading the SEC in touchdown passes and passing yards?

Ok but to be fair he went from awful to much better than "serviceable". He was a beast once he turned it around. IIRC didn't he end up leading the SEC in touchdown passes and passing yards?

He played the game of his life against UGA and then was pretty pedestrian after that . . . which seemed great because he was pretty bad before that.

Jonathan Crompton Career Game Log | College Football at Sports-Reference.com

When I think of Crompton, I'll always remember that moment in Columbia his freshman year when Ainge sprained his ankle and he had to go in to handoff at the end of the game to burn up SC's timeouts and he went to the line, saw 9 in the box and started checking off. I've never seen a bench erupt in unison signaling timeout like that.

When I think of Crompton, I'll always remember that moment in Columbia his freshman year when Ainge sprained his ankle and he had to go in to handoff at the end of the game to burn up SC's timeouts and he went to the line, saw 9 in the box and started checking off. I've never seen a bench erupt in unison signaling timeout like that.
I forgot about that.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

He played the game of his life against UGA and then was pretty pedestrian after that . . . which seemed great because he was pretty bad before that.

Jonathan Crompton Career Game Log | College Football at Sports-Reference.com

cfbstats.com - 2009 Southeastern Conference Player Leaders

#2 in TD passes right behind Mallet. (#1 in the east)

#4 in total passing yards. (#3 in the east)

#2 in yards per game (#1 in the east)

#2 in total completions, 1 completion away from being #1 (#1 in the east)

I think he was a bit better than "pedestrian".

cfbstats.com - 2009 Southeastern Conference Player Leaders

#2 in TD passes right behind Mallet. (#1 in the east)

#4 in total passing yards. (#3 in the east)

#2 in yards per game (#1 in the east)

#2 in total completions, 1 completion away from being #1 (#1 in the east)

I think he was a bit better than "pedestrian".
Not exactly a stellar crop of passers in the SEC that year.

I'm sorry. It wasn't all his fault, but the guy just wasn't very good for most of his days in Knoxville.

I'm sorry. It wasn't all his fault, but the guy just wasn't very good for most of his days in Knoxville.

I don't think anyone would argue with you there, but I'm just trying to give credit where it's due. He ranked that high in the SEC after only playing well for one half of the season, imagine if he had played like that all season.

And I agree about the weak crop of passers, but he was right behind Ryan Mallet who was a stellar passer. And again, that's from only half a season of playing well.

I'm sorry. The guy just wasn't very good.

I would take Crompton over Bray. Crompton play with heart. He gave his all. He went through more abuse from fans than any QB I have ever saw play at UT. He held his head high, continued to work hard, improved his game. Not once did he quit or give up. I am proud to call him a VOL and wish him the best. His problems early on in his career was coaching, period.

I would take Crompton over Bray. Crompton play with heart. He gave his all. He went through more abuse from fans than any QB I have ever saw play at UT. He held his head high, continued to work hard, improved his game. Not once did he quit or give up. I am proud to call him a VOL and wish him the best. His problems early on in his career was coaching, period.

It's funny you mention him holding his head high, I will never forget one game we were losing (I don't remember which one) and Crompton was playing horribly, he went and sat on the bench with a towel over his head and stared at the ground. Eric Berry walked over to him and grabbed him by the arm and picked him up and chewed him out, screaming in his face telling him to get his offense together and start playing like they want to win.

Man we need another Eric Berry.........

He spent two years with David Cutcliffe as his QB coach. I'm not sure it mattered.

After Clawson did the exact opposite.

VN Store

Back