Jones hire trumped Meyer pursuit of Jalen Hurd

IT was a joke. Nukeese would have never fit well in Meyers system bc he only used bb guns.

I don't think Meyer would have passed on him. Nuke definitely had that Gator talent and potential. Meyer would have just told him he had to gray shirt until he got up to speed on his weaponry.

Reactions: 4 people
Hmm, Nashville scuttlebutt had Jalen going to vandie. No matter, he'll be wearing BIG ORANGE while both Urbie & Franklinfurter whine & moan.

You are so right. But if we hadn't hired Butch Jones he would be playing for Vandy or Ohio St. Really do not think this kid or a lot of out other recruits would of came to UT with Dooley here. :no:

Reactions: 1 person
You are so right. But if we hadn't hired Butch Jones he would be playing for Vandy or Ohio St. Really do not think this kid or a lot of out other recruits would of came to UT with Dooley here. :no:

Correct. Several have insinuated that or have flat out said it. Just makes me want to kick Mike Hamilton in the banana hammock that much harder for the ish he put the program and the fan base through.

Last edited:
I don't think Meyer would have passed on him. Nuke definitely had that Gator talent and potential. Meyer would have just told him he had to gray shirt until he got up to speed on his weaponry.

Yea, a couple of months around that group, and gas stations robberies would be so elementary...

Coach Meyers, Raising your sons from Misdemeanors to Felonies.

urban-meyer.jpg

"Relax, boys. He's on our side!" - CUM

Coach Urban Meyer and the University of Florida Athletics do not condone the use of non-lethal force when committing a crime. CUM, PhD, Copyright, 2009

Reactions: 3 people
:salute:avec plaisir, smokey! Lobbing word grenades at him has become a pastime here in Nash Vegas. VOLS still rule here, too.

Yeah, I've heard him called everything but his name here in Knoxville. I can only imagine what you hear him called being in Nashville.:birgits_giggle:

Kelly,Jr. was another one that fits into to that "he wouldn't have come if Dooley were still the coach".:no:

That being said, Thank God for CBJ!:salute:

So if Jones' hire trumped Meyer, would a rabid fan chest bumping him and hugging him while screaming its Jalen Hurd possibly make him think twice about his decision?

Correct. Several have insinuated that or have flat out said it. Just makes me want to kick Mike Hamilton in the banana hammock that much harder for the ish he put the program and the fan base through.

Wharton, Kelly, Hurd, Bates for sure, would not be Vols if a coaching change had not been made. Either they themselves or their fathers have gone on record saying so.

Had to close down face book overwhelmed so fast he had to get off. He now does twitter.
Helps out with recruiting
Recruited by Bama. OSU wanted him but he was excited about new coach Jones at UT, that was his deciding factor
Excellent person and student in classroom
Per uncle/aunt

VN Store

Back