JUCO LB Chris Weatherd Commits

Not to be a cynic, but until we see if these guys can play or not, the jury is out. Anybody know anything about this kid?

247 says he just got an offer from Oklahoma. Says he was timed 4.53 in the 40. Great intangibles, seems to be a good prospect who was just now starting to surface. His cousin is former OU standout Jeremy Beal, current DE for the Denver Broncos.

I said, ‘Is this an official offer?’ And (Jones) was like, ‘Yeah, you’ve had the offer. We just hadn’t told you about it,’” said Weatherd “And then I said, ‘Well, Coach, I want to commit right now,’ and he was like, ‘Oh, really?’

“He was surprised that I wanted to commit.”

“I’ve talked to Coach Jancek a lot. I mean, we actually talk almost every day,” Weatherd said. “He sent me the link to go to the facilities, and I went on YouTube and I typed it in. I mean, it looks phenomenal, more than all the other visits I’ve ever been on. I’ve already been to a lot of place, and I already know how they look.

“But Tennessee just blows them out of the water, hands down. I’ve heard that they put academics first, football second. That’s my problem now. I didn’t put academics first, and I know that they’re going to get me right, and they’re going to make sure I take care of my grades so it won’t happen again.”

Reactions: 10 people
Boom.

iYOKa8L3A4Sr7.gif

That's what happens when play soccer with terrorists.

247 says he just got an offer from Oklahoma. Says he was timed 4.53 in the 40. Great intangibles, seems to be a good prospect who was just now starting to surface. His cousin is former OU standout Jeremy Beal, current DE for the Denver Broncos.

4.53 with his size would be very quick

If we weren't a "tier 4" program we might really get the ball rolling with recruiting. But we're too far removed from relevancy for recruits to remember who Tennessee is. SMDH...

VN Store

Back