Just Notice On Scout

Originally posted by milohimself@Jan 19, 2005 12:10 AM
Always a great day to be a Vols fan. I wasn't born one, but now that I am one, I won't stop being one. I'll still be one even if UT ever has a losing season.

... That'll never happen. But if it did, I'm gonna still be rooting on the orange.

Okay Milo, I gotta ask.

How did a lad, raised in Texas, if I read your sig correct, lives in Oregon, become a diehard Vol.

Also, what part of Texas. My mom's from there.

I was born and raised early in Farmer's Branch, Texas, just north of Dallas. When I was young, around 5, my dad got a job out here in Oregon. I currently go to Glencoe High School and was a classmate of Erik Ainge. When I found out he got recruited to UT, I started following the Vols, just this last season.

I don't consider myself a diehard Vols fan per se, because I am not the type who grew up watching them every saturday. For me, those teams are Texas, Ohio State, Purdue and Oregon State due to my own personal connections to each one of those schools.

understandable. wait a couple more games and it grows hard on you. trust me i found that out.

Oh, after this last season, I watched every game available to me (The games against Louisiana Tech, Vandy and Kentucky were not broadcast on the west coast) and after the Florida one, I was at the point of being prone to leaping out of my chair after a TD.

That's a great start, Milo. Now, wait until that chair you've leapt from just happens to be in the front row of the upper deck of Neyland Stadium.

Somewhere between your "ex-"seat and a poor, unsuspecting Gator fan's Smokey Dog below, you realize that this is way more than a game. Remember, too, no true Tennessee fan would dare waste good bourbon, so hold onto that cup!

You wouldn't dare find a drop around my seat, were I legal to drink. But, if I were to take the time and effort to go alllll the way down to Tennessee to see the Vols play, I would get the best seats I could find. ;)

yo know i have never been to a tennessee game and i used to live in knoxville and lived there for 3 yrs. how wierd. never thought about it.

You can't just leap out of a seat at Neyland. You have to ask the person on either side of you to lean away from you so that you can unpack yourself from those narrow seats. Jumping out of your seat might cause the entire row to dislocate their hips.

Don't bust me for sitting down when you've never graced the front gate. . . :p

Originally posted by Orangewhiteblood+Jan 18, 2005 11:46 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Orangewhiteblood @ Jan 18, 2005 11:46 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-milohimself@Jan 19, 2005 12:35 AM
Yeah, 27 years of losing seasons will harden you.

So will prison, but I don&#39;t want to do that. [/quote]
:dlol:

i have seen tennessee play just not in tennessee. i have seen them in the swamp, at miami, and in bama.

VN Store

Back