Justin Gatlin beats Usain Bolt in Rome

Gatlin is a 30 for 30 story waiting to happen. I would like to see the story of how he dealt with the ban and his comeback. After his ban,to make it back to the top 9 years after winning Olympic gold,for a sprinter is pretty impressive!... Congrats to the former VOL...GBO,VFL

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
I don't. I remember him running track, but not playing football. Not saying he didn't play. Just that I don't remember it.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I think Phil tried to get him to play, but he did not play football at UT.
It was reported that Gatlin planned to serve his four-year ban from the track on a football field. On November 29, 2006 ESPN reported that Gatlin had worked out with the Houston Texans, although, he has little football experience and "has not played football since 10th grade"
Justin Gatlin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I definitely recall him catching a pass in a game
Posted via VolNation Mobile

One of his track mates played football. Gatlin never put on a football uniform at Tennessee. He ran track! I wish he would have played football......

You must be confused with someone else. Gatlin surely didn't play football.

I remember him being on the squad briefly. Can't say that I remember him doing anything in a game, so maybe I'm wrong about that. Maybe I'm mixing him up with Leonard Scott. Sorry for any confusion.

VN Store

Back