Justin Gatlin beats Usain Bolt in Rome

:eek:lol:
One of his track mates played football. Gatlin never put on a football uniform at Tennessee. He ran track! I wish he would have played football......

You must be confused with someone else. Gatlin surely didn't play football.

Think some on here are thinking of Sam Graddy.

Just for trivia's sake with football players and speed to the best of my knowledge the fastest official 100m time ever run by anyone that ever played college or pro football is still the 9.91 run by our own Leonard Scott. (This was after his football career ended)

Why is this in the football forum? And I don't celebrate the accomplishments of known cheaters, even if they went to UT.

I could be wrong, but I recall him joining the team for Fall practice but did not stay with the team before the season started. Or maybe I dreamed this.

I think you guys are confusing him with his track teammate Leonard Scott #26, who played WR for Tennessee in 99-00 I think. LS made quite a few plays receiving and returning. Specifically remember the long TD against ND in 99'. Although a contemporary on the track team JG never played on the FB team IIRC.
Gatlin was already world-class (truly) at UT and Scott was only a bit slower. If "slow" is even proper when discussing either
BTW, I think LS won an Olympic medal (gold?) on relay team.

Gatlin and Scott were both on our last NC track team and part of the 4x100. Gatlin ran the 60, 100, 200 and relay. I believe he won both the NCAA 100 and 200 that year and Scott won the 60 indoors.

I think you guys are confusing him with his track teammate Leonard Scott #26, who played WR for Tennessee in 99-00 I think. LS made quite a few plays receiving and returning. Specifically remember the long TD against ND in 99'. Although a contemporary on the track team JG never played on the FB team IIRC.
Gatlin was already world-class (truly) at UT and Scott was only a bit slower. If "slow" is even proper when discussing either
BTW, I think LS won an Olympic medal (gold?) on relay team.

Yea sorry folks, I must have been confused with Scott

VN Store

Back