Kanye West

The problem is, he will get a serious amount of votes just because. He's pretty much going to be 2020's version of Vermin Supreme.

He'd draw votes from the dem minorities which is fine with me, nobody else will take this fool seriously. I can't believe he said he would have voted for Trump if he had voted.

I agreed with you up until this point. Dude is an idiot savant.

He has made some very nice song especially back in the day, and he does a better job of sampling stuff than anyone I know, but some of his songs (especially recent ones) are just absolute trash.

He has made some very nice song especially back in the day, and he does a better job of sampling stuff than anyone I know, but some of his songs (especially recent ones) are just absolute trash.
'sampling' lol. I would call it stealing, but the music industry apparently buys into it as an art form. I guess that's why bit torrents are OK, because you don't take the whole song, only 'sample' a little at a time.

I wouldn't listen to his garbage if it were free. (Which it is)

Reactions: 2 people
You miss the old Kanye...

I wasn't one of his biggest fans like others, but there were definitely a few songs that I enjoyed. His last two albums have been an abomination in my opinion. He hasn't made a decent song in years, yet people are still obsessing over his work.

I wasn't one of his biggest fans like others, but there were definitely a few songs that I enjoyed. His last two albums have been an abomination in my opinion. He hasn't made a decent song in years, yet people are still obsessing over his work.

I guess it went over your head when I said "you miss the old Kanye"...

He breaks all the rules and it works. I haven't listened to his most recent album but Yeezus and MBDTF are his best two albums, IMO.

Most artists are insane or at least have significant mental issues. There's a reason they create things you'd never think of and frankly most do not understand. I can't say I get most art, but I don't think I have much going on on that side of my brain. I don't understand how someone could write a symphony but I can appreciate the end product. Maybe what Kanye does is genius, maybe it's just the ramblings of a lunatic. I can't really tell the difference.

Reactions: 1 person
Most artists are insane or at least have significant mental issues. There's a reason they create things you'd never think of and frankly most do not understand. I can't say I get most art, but I don't think I have much going on on that side of my brain. I don't understand how someone could write a symphony but I can appreciate the end product. Maybe what Kanye does is genius, maybe it's just the ramblings of a lunatic. I can't really tell the difference.

LOL okay.

I'm pretty familiar with the music making process, as I like to make music as a hobby from time to time. Trust me, you don't gotta be crazy to make music. Add drums, a chord progression, a top melody, and a bassline, boom there you go.

I'm pretty familiar with the music making process, as I like to make music as a hobby from time to time. Trust me, you don't gotta be crazy to make music. Add drums, a chord progression, a top melody, and a bassline, boom there you go.

I am not talking about run of the mill stuff. I don't think Dierks Bentley is a nutjob. But people like Kanye or Brian Wilson or Pollock definitely have/had issues. The people that push the envelope of art are doing so because they are well outside the bell curve of normal thinking.

I can see ya now...

Attachments

• IMG_6222.GIF
    IMG_6222.GIF
    209.7 KB · Views: 70
I am not talking about run of the mill stuff. I don't think Dierks Bentley is a nutjob. But people like Kanye or Brian Wilson or Pollock definitely have/had issues. The people that push the envelope of art are doing so because they are well outside the bell curve of normal thinking.

And that requires mental instability, how?

That's called intelligence, bruh.

Kanye has always been ridiculous. But first and foremost he's been about himself (even more so compared to other famous people). Saying he'd have voted for Trump just gets people talking about him. Nothing more, nothing less.

Reactions: 4 people

VN Store

Back