Kavanaugh Confirmation

Libs are arguing it’s not right to require that regular inspections be made at abortion clinics and that doctors performing abortions should have privileges at hospitals which is standard for outpatient surgical centers. Abortion clinics don’t want this because it opens them up to regular visits from state, it makes the doctors prove and keep track of how many abortions they perform, and they have to be transparent with all procedures and such.

Reactions: BigOrangeD
Libs are arguing it’s not right to require that regular inspections be made at abortion clinics and that doctors performing abortions should have privileges at hospitals which is standard for outpatient surgical centers. Abortion clinics don’t want this because it opens them up to regular visits from state, it makes the doctors prove and keep track of how many abortions they perform, and they have to be transparent with all procedures and such.

The pro-choice crowd is against this because it's clearly only being advocated by the pro-life crowd to reduce access to abortions. Does anyone really believe that conservatives are doing this over concerns that the mother may need to go to the hospital?

The pro-choice crowd is against this because it's clearly only being advocated by the pro-life crowd to reduce access to abortions. Does anyone really believe that conservatives are doing this over concerns that the mother may need to go to the hospital?
Ok reducing the number of abortions is a good thing, but again, explain logically why abortion clinics shouldn’t follow basic standards as other outpatient procedure facilities? Don’t you believe in transparency and regulations to make places safe?

Some people just want common sense abortion laws.

Ok reducing the number of abortions is a good thing, but again, explain logically why abortion clinics shouldn’t follow basic standards as other outpatient procedure facilities? Don’t you believe in transparency and regulations to make places safe?

I'd think you would generally expect to proportion the regulation relative to the risk. How many women die from legal abortion each year?

I'd think you would generally expect to proportion the regulation relative to the risk. How many women die from legal abortion each year?
No one knows because the clinics won’t share that information and the women show up to hospitals after the fact with injuries and other issues. And federal and state CMS regulations don’t rely on “proportion” of medical procedures to death

No one knows because the clinics won’t share that information and the women show up to hospitals after the fact with injuries and other issues. And federal and state CMS regulations don’t rely on “proportion” of medical procedures to death

So what is the basis for the regulation?

The basis of ANY CMS regulation of course. Patient safety

The motivation behind the postulated regulation isn't patient safety. However, would you say all regulations made in the name of patient safety are reasonable? Should the government always step in to provide regulations to protect citizens?

I don’t think you’re getting your information from a good source. You should try reading the briefs. They’re on scotusblog.

The motivation behind the postulated regulation isn't patient safety. However, would you say all regulations made in the name of patient safety are reasonable? Should the government always step in to provide regulations to protect citizens?
The CMS standard isn’t new. It’s been around for 15 years. Abortion clinics have just been paying Democrats to let them off the hook for the requirements. I would say anything for patient safety and rights are reasonable. There are some CMS standards for press ganey that were mistakes (like making pain management the 5th viral sign) but that’s being changed

The CMS standard isn’t new. It’s been around for 15 years. Abortion clinics have just been paying Democrats to let them off the hook for the requirements. I would say anything for patient safety and rights are reasonable. There are some CMS standards for press ganey that were mistakes (like making pain management the 5th viral sign) but that’s being changed

If new regulations end up facilitating a lack of access to said outpatient service, don't you think the patients would rather make the choice on their own regarding the risk? I'd rather an under-regulated doctor be available than none at all.

If new regulations end up facilitating a lack of access to said outpatient service, don't you think the patients would rather make the choice on their own regarding the risk? I'd rather an under-regulated doctor be available than none at all.
I'd rather the personal choice be made and paid for by the individual, the government should not be involved in any way whatsoever.

Reactions: Sandman 423
I'd rather the personal choice be made and paid for by the individual, the government should not be involved in any way whatsoever.

I don't think I would go as far as to say the government shouldn't be involved at all but I certainly agree that it shouldn't be funding abortions (if that's what you're getting at).

Reactions: 37L1
If the abortions centers are good to go there should be no worry about them passing muster. Same goes for the doctors. It's part of being a professional to accept accreditation and review to ensure you meet the standard.

To balk at this raises some flags with me. If you want them to have good care this is a check and balance present elsewhere in the industry.

Reactions: Rickyvol77
Bwahahaha.

When there is already a standard it should be applied equally across the board. Especially when it comes to a professional practice like MDs. If they are accredited doctors this is the standard they signed up for.

Reactions: Rickyvol77

VN Store

Back