Kentucky Question

miggy4vols

Love God, Love Others
I have several friends who are UK fans, and all they seem to be talking about lately is how we are a penciled in win on their schedule this year. I know we are down, but you can't tell me that top to bottom UK has anywhere near the talent UT has. They have beaten us one time since 1984. I'm just a little confused as to why they think UK has surpassed us in the SEC hierarchy. Thoughts?

I have several friends who are UK fans, and all they seem to be talking about lately is how we are a penciled in win on their schedule this year. I know we are down, but you can't tell me that top to bottom UK has anywhere near the talent UT has. They have beaten us one time since 1984. I'm just a little confused as to why they think UK has surpassed us in the SEC hierarchy. Thoughts?

Cause stoopes is gonna coach the good ole boys up!! LOLOLOL

Just tell them UT owns them in hoops and look at their expressions. Same difference.

cause stoops had em hype by running it....that is....until they started practice and he saw how many scrubs he inherited

samuel_L_Jackson.gif

Reactions: 3 people
miggy4vols, in a serious answer to your question, some folks regard coach Stoops as a major step up for KY. I happen to agree with that. My Vol pride notwithstanding, the UK often plays the UT tough despite their losing record against us. Stoops appears to be bringing in serious talent in his recruiting, not a lot of bodies right now but he's getting pretty good players.Scout.com: Football Recruiting

Though I live in KY and rather close to Lexington, I don't pay much attention to the Wildcats so don't know anything about Stoop's coaching assistants. If he has a good and dedicated staff as Jones at Tenn. the KY boys could make some noise this coming season. I can tell you that KY fans are hugely excited and have more of an air of belief in their team than I have ever seen since I've lived here. KY charged for admission to the spring scrimmage and 50,000+ people showed up. Tenn. admission for its scrimmage was free and 61,000+ people showed. I honestly believe we beat the UK only because we have a bigger stadium and better parking arrangements.

My personal belief is that Tennessee returns to its usual history of beating KY for the next 26 years or more. Our coach is hauling in serious talent and at a much faster rate than KY. We may even be ranked #1 or #2 nationally in recruiting before Butch is done. Jones has a track record of spotting talent even among lower rated players and coaching them into over-performing and into the pro ranks. That will be seriously challenged in 2014 when our OL and many other players graduate and/or go pro. But it's becoming a sort of census by some rather prominent people across the nation that Tennessee got lucky with getting not just a superb coach but absolutely the right coach for our particular program. He wasn't what the UT wanted originally but the university certainly is happy with what it got. 2013 Prediction: Volunteers - 37 Wildcats - 12, KY scores will mainly be via FGs due to a rabid Vols defense.

Reactions: 2 people
KY 'bourbon trail' getting lots of in-state travel this spring. Blue misters delusional.

I don't think UK will beat the Vols this year. They did however beat them 2 years ago with A wide reciever at quarterback. I can get where they are optimistic.

I don't think UK will beat the Vols this year. They did however beat them 2 years ago with A wide reciever at quarterback. I can get where they are optimistic.

Yeah, And UT beat Pansybilt 2 years ago with A horrible coach.

Plus, UT beat the absolute crap out of them LAST year with A interim coach.... so why are they optimistic about beating UT this year?

VN Store

Back