Kentucky “fake injury” loss

cherokeeeVOL

I hope this is a lesson learned for coaches taking the “fake injury” approach. Glad for the win, no doubt, and we did some good things, but Stoops literally gave us this game at the end. Ten second runoff. HA.

Please note: If that player is legit hurt then I’m obviously wrong…but it looked not legit…

Vols Win, Vols Win!! Thank you to Mr. Keeshawn Silver, DL for KY, for your attempting an injury on the last play of the game tonight. The Refs correctly deducted 10 seconds for a defensive (fake) injury in the last two minutes of the game and therefore, the VOLS did not have to run a last play.

1698548018242.png

We would have had to run another play if he didn't feign the injury
I know. If it was a fake injury though, he cost his team any possibility of a comeback, i.e., blocked FG for a TD. Not a smart football IQ play either way as their FG unit would have been coming onto the field anyway. If nothing else, he should have crawled off the field.

Reactions: memtownvol
We would have had to run another play if he didn't feign the injury
His fibula could have been sticking out of his skin and it still would have been a 10 second run off.

A "fake injury" rule will probably never be a thing, cause as soon as it is, and they call it on an actual injury, a **** storm will occur.

Some of em (Vols included) need to take theatre classes or something. The acting is pathetic.
If the NCAA would make them stay out for the remainder of the series or at least a set number of plays, it might slow some of it down. Seeing a player go down and know full well that it’s fake, then see them back in 2 plays later like nothing happened is maddening

Pretty weak photo evidence. Players get up all the time and seem fine briefly, then have to go down for injury. Damar Hamlin, for example. Also Aaron Rodgers this year.

His fibula could have been sticking out of his skin and it still would have been a 10 second run off.

A "fake injury" rule will probably never be a thing, cause as soon as it is, and they call it on an actual injury, a **** storm will occur.
Hence why they need to make faking an injury too costly. Go down? Can’t reenter the game until the next drive.

Notice that I put the (fake) in parenthesis. We all know it was a fake from replays and probably so did the refs, but they correctly said that ANY Defensive injury inside 2 minutes to play automatically receives a 10 second reduction on the clock. By (faking) an injury, or whether he did have a bone sticking out of his head, the penalty ensued. We owe Mr. Silver some flowers!!

Reactions: OrangeBloodinTN
Notice that I put the (fake) in parenthesis. We all know it was a fake from replays and probably so did the refs, but they correctly said that ANY Defensive injury inside 2 minutes to play automatically receives a 10 second reduction on the clock. By (faking) an injury, or whether he did have a bone sticking out of his head, the penalty ensued. We owe Mr. Silver some flowers!!
I actually think I lean more towards the other side.

The rule is awesome when it works in our favorite team's favor, but looking at it as a whole, I'm not sure I like the idea that teams are punished if someone gets hurt and they either lose 10 seconds or a timeout from it.

On a play where someone gets concussed or breaks a bone or tears a hamstring or whatever injury you wanna post, why should a team get punished for that?

But I also see the argument for it as an opposition to fake injuries. Just feels like a tough line to balance on.

I hope this is a lesson learned for coaches taking the “fake injury” approach. Glad for the win, no doubt, and we did some good things, but Stoops literally gave us this game at the end. Ten second runoff. HA.

Please note: If that player is legit hurt then I’m obviously wrong…but it looked not legit…
253 yards rushing is why we won the game not a fake injury

Vols Win, Vols Win!! Thank you to Mr. Keeshawn Silver, DL for KY, for your attempting an injury on the last play of the game tonight. The Refs correctly deducted 10 seconds for a defensive (fake) injury in the last two minutes of the game and therefore, the VOLS did not have to run a last play.

Yep that was pretty pathetic. They got what they deserved.

Some of em (Vols included) need to take theatre classes or something. The acting is pathetic.
If the NCAA would make them stay out for the remainder of the series or at least a set number of plays, it might slow some of it down. Seeing a player go down and know full well that it’s fake, then see them back in 2 plays later like nothing happened is maddening
Believe it was last weeks game where a Vol player just drops down with an injury late in the game. These guys forget there are cameras on them all the time. Just dropping down long after the play is over and you've been walking around....almost funny but getting out of hand

Right, but they need to make a mandatory cooling off period after an injury. . . the rest of the drive or at least 2mins of game clock to make sure the players is OK. Also, no substitutions during an injury pause.

Reactions: Vol1976
There, in the middle of Kroger Field: cleanup on Aise 13. How fitting for the Kitties to stand around as TICK-TICK-tick...the game ends. :cool:

I don't care for the new clock rules and substitutions. Players walking onto the field like a stroll in the park.
Forcing the opposition to use a time out.
Crap

Reactions: robed20
And to think, it all began with a player whose shoe came off. He couldn’t get it back on before they lined up for the snap, so he threw himself down on the ground, whistles blew, and he was helped off the field. Kiffin sees the recording and his strategy was born.

VN Store

Back