Kevin Steele retiring

Can Jeremy Pruitt coach in the NCAA?

A show-cause penalty means a university cannot hire a coach or recruiter without NCAA approval during the length of the ban. Pruitt's show-cause includes a 100% suspension for the first year of employment should an NCAA school hire in him in any athletics position.

---------------------------------------
The penalty in bold I would think would keep him from being hired anytime soon. Who wants to pay him to sit out a yr. Never seen this kind of penalty from the NCAA.

Reactions: Vol in Buckeye Land
I'd be ok with him coming in as just a "back of house" analyst. Nothing more. $50-65k and some decent analysis and recommendations? I'm good with it.

Never seen this kind of penalty from the NCAA.

Pruitt violations were very arrogant & tried to cover them up. Strong arming young people to do that was real bad. First class POS.

Hiring JP says a lot about Fulmer’s inability to judge character. It’s not like JP had a good reputation before.

Saban may bring him into his coaches rehab school. He can do a few scouting reports while detailing and gassing up Sabans fleet of cars like Butch did.

Never seen this kind of penalty from the NCAA.

Pruitt violations were very arrogant & tried to cover them up. Strong arming young people to do that was real bad. First class POS.

Hiring JP says a lot about Fulmer’s inability to judge character. It’s not like JP had a good reputation before.
Not to excuse Fulmer, but to be fair, the finalists for the job were slim pickings. It was either Pruitt or Mel Tucker... One got fired for cheating the other got fired for pud spanking over the phone to associates.

Not to excuse Fulmer, but to be fair, the finalists for the job were slim pickings. It was either Pruitt or Mel Tucker... One got fired for cheating the other got fired for pud spanking over the phone to associates.
I understand. Steele was an option also.

former Vol player & coach. Recruited Chuck Webb.

Coaches can’t stop coaching thou. Maybe he would entertain an analyst job & be located wherever he wants to live. Possible hire for Heupel? He knows Saban’s D inside & out.
Hope not. Banks is much better at this stage of his life. Actually, Bama's defense was not that good this year and they do have really good talent.

former Vol player & coach. Recruited Chuck Webb.

Coaches can’t stop coaching thou. Maybe he would entertain an analyst job & be located wherever he wants to live. Possible hire for Heupel? He knows Saban’s D inside & out.

Would be my first choice to coach our DBs once Martinez leaves for greener pastures.

Reactions: freedom fighter

VN Store

Back