key will be back playing next year on rocky top "my journey is not yet finished" facebook

she played 9 out 31 games below 30% if that the % or is there aset date. i think she get get one? read div II its 30 % of games played and injury 1st half of season .
In the most restrictive case, regular season only, having played only 9 of 31 games, she would qualify. Pretty sure she would still need to apply for the medical waiver from the NCAA.

In the most restrictive case, regular season only, having played only 9 of 31 games, she would qualify. Pretty sure she would still need to apply for the medical waiver from the NCAA.

Whew just barely, but math checks out. I wonder how Tamari would feel about two years of grad school? She could set SEC (national?) block records...

I chatted with her some at the team hotel in Greenville Saturday. She came down directly from Greensboro after UNC lost. Impressed that she wanted to be with the Lady Vol family knowing that Tamari wouldn't be playing.

We're pretty lucky to have players that have so much family support.
Very cryptic post , but I'm not Stevie or Ray.

Reactions: mcannon1
I was pretty confident that Tamari would come back but this official announcement is huge.

It solidifies so much for next season. We have the block machine back in the paint and Viola! Tennessee's defensive is suddenly going to be formidable.

With Hollingshead showing she can hit the midrange, she is the perfect twin tower pairing with Tamari, which suits Kellie system to a "T". I am impressed with Striplin's improvement and she will be a really solid #2 option in the post.

Let's assume that Justine slots in as a scoring force (cause if someone beats her off the dribble, Tamari will clean that mess up). We have some good pieces that fit together quite well. A few holes still to fill but the gaps have just gotten a lot smaller.

Would be amazing to see her back at Tennessee next season. Key and Hollingshead with Striplin and Puckett at the four takes care of two positions quite well. Darby and Pissott to shoot the threes so your looking for guards. Great guards hope we can find them.

Would be amazing to see her back at Tennessee next season. Key and Hollingshead with Striplin and Puckett at the four takes care of two positions quite well. Darby and Pissott to shoot the threes so your looking for guards. Great guards hope we can find them.

Would have to believe her announced return will be helpful in recruiting overall, but especially in getting some one and two year ladies OF CHOICE from the portal. I doubt that RJ was/is considering a return, but that would be fun to consider till it is off the table.

Have I missed the medical plan providing clearance for her return? Similar to our VFL now in the NFL?

Last edited:
Doesn't matter what Key played this year she has another full year of eligibility and I am certain next season will be her last. I hope she gets medical clearance to play. Maybe she already has it.

Doesn't matter what Key played this year she has another full year of eligibility and I am certain next season will be her last. I hope she gets medical clearance to play. Maybe she already has it.
You may want to scale back on the "certainty". So many are certain on here and then it blows up in their faces.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
You may want to scale back on the "certainty". So many are certain on here and then it blows up in their faces.
Wouldn't have a problem with it blowing up on me. If she plays two more seasons I would be delighted. I just don't see it happening and yes I think she is qualified for the medical redshirt.

Reactions: Raebo
Would have to believe her announced return will be helpful in recruiting overall, but especially in getting some one and two year ladies OF CHOICE from the portal. I doubt that RJ was/is considering a return, but that would be fun to consider till it is off the table.

Have I missed the medical plan providing clearance for her return? Similar to our VFL now in the NFL?
Trey Smith, started 17 games with the KC Chiefs his rookie season. Led a rebuilt line to the SuperBowl Championship in his second year.

The medical staff at UT has experience in this area, although Trey was the first collegiate athlete they diagnosed and treated.

Trey Smith Partners with the National Blood Clot Alliance - Blood Clots

At the link is a great interview with Katie Hoff, Olympic medalist swimmer and fellow lung clot recoveree.

Last edited:
Then she would have two seasons left with her covid year. That would be amazing, but I think she played in either 10 or 11 games which might have been just over the cutoff. Isn't it 1 third of regular season games?
cutoff is now 6 games.

Reactions: UTtoDC
Who has a 22-13 regular season record this year? The AP nationally #23 ranked LVs(#15) in net doesn’t have a 22-13 record.
And next season I’ll take finishing top 3 again in the SEC and getting to the SEC championship game. With All-SEC C Key returning, and the physical beating TN gave the previously top 5 LSU team in the 2nd half that thrived with a weak regular season schedule it’s clear that TN heading into March Madness and next season is looking better and better everyday. Rocky Top is the move!

VN Store

Back