Kicking Game

utvols16manning

5 Star Poster
So Palardy will handle punts, kickoffs, and field goals this year. Will Aaron Medley handle all of these responsibilities next year?

Darr will most likely never punt again at UT so do we go after another kicker next year? Bullock wasn't brought in because of his punting ability...

Also, I found this gem about Darr on the twitter machine...

Daniel Lewis ‏@DanielNooga
Matt Darr shanked a punt in practice today that went about 5 yards and bounced over the fence and out of the practice field area.

Reactions: 2 people
So Palardy will handle punts, kickoffs, and field goals this year. Will Aaron Medley handle all of these responsibilities next year?

Darr will most likely never punt again at UT so do we go after another kicker next year? Bullock wasn't brought in because of his punting ability...

Matt Darr shanked a punt in practice today that went about 5 yards and bounced over the fence and out of the practice field area.

Oh the sweet memories

Reactions: 1 person
I believe Palardy will surprise some people this year. He now has coaches who know a little football and he is slowly becoming more consistent. I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up one of the best in the SEC.

The thing that impresses me the most about this kid is all the crap he takes from vol "fans" and yet remains positive. He's always there encouraging his teammates. He is a great leader on and off the field.

Reactions: 4 people
I believe Palardy will surprise some people this year. He now has coaches who know a little football and he is slowly becoming more consistent. I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up one of the best in the SEC.

The thing that impresses me the most about this kid is all the crap he takes from vol "fans" and yet remains positive. He's always there encouraging his teammates. He is a great leader on and off the field.

Hello CBJ! How are you?

This has absolutely nothing to do with what I posted...

Oh the sweet memories

Quite possibly one of the funniest responses I've seen I quite a while.

In all seriousness, kickers are often the easiest and most noticed misses in recruiting. Of all the positions on the field, there are more differences between the high school and college kicking. Yes, the motion is basically the same but the difference in get off times combined with kicking off of the ground and the speed of the game are often difficult to adjust too for most.

UT had a very fortunate run up until the last 5-6 years with kickers. I know it is very difficult to justify a coaching position dedicated to kickers but it sure would help. Technique is often not the problem at the college level, it's actually more about sports psychology than anything else. If you present a challenge, winners will win and good kickers will make kicks.

why will Darr never punt again ? from what has gone on in the last several years,i believe Palardy will be a great punter,but there is a lot to be desired as far as Field Goals,hopefully he will have his head screwed on right this year and surprise us all

hahahahaha:lol:

Has any heard anything about the other kicker that broke his leg. I believe his name is bullock or Bullard or something like that. He was supposed to be good.

I was playing NCAA 14 today and missed an extra point with Palardy.. Brought me back to last season and just ticked me off

Not gonna lie this is pretty hilarious

Yep. We've been focusing on the wrong controversy. All of our quarterbacks are possible studs. We should be focusing on the kicker controversy. Al of our kickers have been duds.

I wonder when the next one will come along,shouldn't there have been another Reveiz too ? we loved Nick.now we need one that likes kicking the ball lol
I'm not sure but I hope it's soon.I'm sure somebody can remember but I can't think of the last time we had to worry about missing a PAT.

Well, I hauled myself to the campus to be a walk on PK and FG kicker. They humored me, but I was rejected. Problem was my punts took too long to come down. On the first and only one, the coaches tired of waiting, conducted 7 on 7 and route running drills. When they heard the whistle of the descending ball, it was back to special teams work. My field goal was considered too high for referees to determine if I had split the uprights or not. I said to heck with you all, left and decided to become a mushroom hunter. :loco:

Well, I hauled myself to the campus to be a walk on PK and FG kicker. They humored me, but I was rejected. Problem was my punts took too long to come down. On the first and only one, the coaches tired of waiting, conducted 7 on 7 and route running drills. When they heard the whistle of the descending ball, it was back to special teams work. My field goal was considered too high for referees to determine if I had split the uprights or not. I said to heck with you all, left and decided to become a mushroom hunter. :loco:

Sounds like you found A LOT of them!
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Reactions: 4 people
Strange post award for the week goes to.... WoodsmanVol

VN Store

Back