Kicking Game

Well, I hauled myself to the campus to be a walk on PK and FG kicker. They humored me, but I was rejected. Problem was my punts took too long to come down. On the first and only one, the coaches tired of waiting, conducted 7 on 7 and route running drills. When they heard the whistle of the descending ball, it was back to special teams work. My field goal was considered too high for referees to determine if I had split the uprights or not. I said to heck with you all, left and decided to become a mushroom hunter. :loco:

:crazy:

Quite possibly one of the funniest responses I've seen I quite a while.

In all seriousness, kickers are often the easiest and most noticed misses in recruiting. Of all the positions on the field, there are more differences between the high school and college kicking. Yes, the motion is basically the same but the difference in get off times combined with kicking off of the ground and the speed of the game are often difficult to adjust too for most.

UT had a very fortunate run up until the last 5-6 years with kickers. I know it is very difficult to justify a coaching position dedicated to kickers but it sure would help. Technique is often not the problem at the college level, it's actually more about sports psychology than anything else. If you present a challenge, winners will win and good kickers will make kicks.
Press the kicking game. Here is where the breaks are made
-R. Neyland

I cannot believe Palardy is still around. Why can we not bring in a kicker worth a sh*t?

Palardy is not worth Rabbit pellet poo.

I believe Palardy will surprise some people this year. He now has coaches who know a little football and he is slowly becoming more consistent. I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up one of the best in the SEC.

The thing that impresses me the most about this kid is all the crap he takes from vol "fans" and yet remains positive. He's always there encouraging his teammates. He is a great leader on and off the field.

Know a little bit about football? He's a KICKER that was supposed to already be #1 out of high school. There's no excuse for his previous play.

HOWEVER I do agree that he should be better and aplaud him for keepin on keepin on... think he will end things better than Lincoln did, but I wish he wasn't having to handle punting duties. I think we will be just fine at FGs and punting won't hurt them too badly this year.

This is on govolsxtra regarding the punting

Punter problems:Thursday was another erratic day for the punters, especially Matt Darr.

With coach Butch Jones watching steps away, Darr shanked one punt off the side of his foot and sent a humpback line drive over the heads of sideline spectators. The ball one-hopped over the Haslam Field fence and onto Pat Head Summitt Street — a first this preseason.

Pig Howard takes stab at figuring out who will start at receiver for UT » GoVolsXtra

You started a thread about the kicking game, so actually yea it does.

Haha we actually know each other and he raves about Palardy any chance he gets just to be annoying.

Anyways, I wonder how well Bullock can punt. I have read that he wasn't very impressive, even on kickoffs. I do think Medley will be a stud but I don't know enough about him to say that he can take over all of the kicking responsibilities.

Haha we actually know each other and he raves about Palardy any chance he gets just to be annoying.

Anyways, I wonder how well Bullock can punt. I have read that he wasn't very impressive, even on kickoffs. I do think Medley will be a stud but I don't know enough about him to say that he can take over all of the kicking responsibilities.
Oh gotcha, and as for Bullock I am a little concerned about his future... But who knows for sure right now.

VN Store

Back