Kickoff times set for first three games

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
GO2HeeaaQAQCmvy

12:45 kickoff in August, brilliant.

Hopefully Smokey doesn't suffer another heatstroke

Totally damn ridiculous. ASININE. To hell with TV, play the September games at Night! Damn fools. When a Player goes down, will they get it? No, it's about the $$$. Screw it. 95 Degrees with a 110 index? These people need to be taken outside and taught something. And they profess to care about Players' welfare?? Total bs. Football was intended to be a cool/cold weather sport. Wrong people making decisions .

Totally damn ridiculous. ASININE. To hell with TV, play the September games at Night! Damn fools. When a Player goes down, will they get it? No, it's about the $$$. Screw it. 95 Degrees with a 110 index? These people need to be taken outside and taught something. And they profess to care about Players' welfare?? Total bs. Football was intended to be a cool/cold weather sport. Wrong people making decisions .
Football is played in all kinds of weather, from the heat and humidity of the early season, to the potential cold and snow of the end of the season. Tennessee has played several games in the past where the temperature was in the 90's and the heat index was over 100.

Never have been a fan of the Noon kickoffs in late August, but when you schedule your first opponent to be a "preseason tune up" type opponent then a Noon kickoff is your trade off.

FWIW...I'm less of a fan of Thursday games that week. I get it exposure, blah, blah, blah...but really any recruit you want to get their attention is already signed or they are prepping for their next Friday night game so not paying attention anyways.

Football is played in all kinds of weather, from the heat and humidity of the early season, to the potential cold and snow of the end of the season. Tennessee has played several games in the past where the temperature was in the 90's and the heat index was over 100.

I wondered how long it would take for someone to rebut my comment. Shows a lack of common sense, as I stated nothing but the truth.

Never have been a fan of the Noon kickoffs in late August, but when you schedule your first opponent to be a "preseason tune up" type opponent then a Noon kickoff is your trade off.

FWIW...I'm less of a fan of Thursday games that week. I get it exposure, blah, blah, blah...but really any recruit you want to get their attention is already signed or they are prepping for their next Friday night game so not paying attention anyways.

No, it's TV Money. I remember back in the 1970's, all September games were at night. And it was even cooler then!. NOON games in August & September are just crazy, benefiting no one but the Networks, who don't GAS about anything but $$$$$$. Fence post awaits.

Reactions: IndianaVol

College football needs a preseason game or an exhibition game. I can’t think of any sport or any level of football, other than college football that doesn’t have some sort of preseason.

I thought there was a push to move our first game to Thursday night bc State moved their game to Thursday . 12:45 in August should be a fun one .
It looks like the SEC Office (and maybe Disney) gave the Thursday night games to Arkansas and Missouri. :rolleyes: Makes no sense since we play a team the following weekend that opens with a Thursday kickoff. Or perhaps it makes perfect sense.

Maybe ours will be a 3rd first-weekend game on Thursday? But it's not going to make all that much difference.

Screen Shot 2024-05-30 at 6.14.23 PM.png

Last edited:
Reactions: RDU VOL#14
Another thing I notice is how the Birmingham Office set our open dates. Ours are before Arkansas and Kentucky. Guess when Bama's are? Before Georgia and LSU.

Last edited:
No, it's TV Money. I remember back in the 1970's, all September games were at night. And it was even cooler then!. NOON games in August & September are just crazy, benefiting no one but the Networks, who don't GAS about anything but $$$$$$. Fence post awaits.
"1970s, all September games were at night".....ahhhh no

Agree, John. Perhaps in addition to NIL and salary, the should tack on hazard pay, Noon kick off? Stupid.

Another thing I notice is how the Birmingham Office set our open dates. Ours are before Arkansas and Kentucky. Guess when Bama's are? Before Georgia and LSU.
I’m not crazy about them either, but at least it gives us kind of a season that is broken down into thirds. I would’ve preferred the first bye after Arkansas. It would’ve be nice to be fresh for that stretch w/ Florida, Bama and UK though.

From September 21 vs OU until October 19 vs Bama will determine our season. Barring a collapse vs Kentucky we can certainly be undefeated going to Athens. It feels damn good to feel that way too. Bama doesn’t just win games before they get off the bus anymore.

Rough day?

lol...they practice in the same heat for a month prior to the first game. It's a game where starters will play three quarters at most. Do you really expect them to just not put the game on TV so it can be played at night? Screw the money? Sure ok I guess it's easy for someone to say who isn't managing a multi million dollar athletic budget.

1717158197579.png

lol...they practice in the same heat for a month prior to the first game. It's a game where starters will play three quarters at most. Do you really expect them to just not put the game on TV so it can be played at night? Screw the money? Sure ok I guess it's easy for someone to say who isn't managing a multi million dollar athletic budget.

View attachment 644464

They practice early am or at night in August, and always have the option of going indoors. Get your facts straight before exposing yourself. And IF you are lucky, you might live to get old.

VN Store

Back