Kickoff times set for first three games

Well night games didn’t even start until the 70s

Yeah well, when did August games start? MOST everyone knows it was much cooler in the 60's and 70's , most cars & homes were not Air Conditioned. Watch some 60's -- 70's Detective reruns. All the cars had their windows down. In LA . Try that today........ Some want to argue just for argument's sake.

Last edited:
College football needs a preseason game or an exhibition game. I can’t think of any sport or any level of football, other than college football that doesn’t have some sort of preseason.
Chattanooga and Kent St fall squarely in the preseason category no matter what we call it!

They practice early am or at night in August, and always have the option of going indoors. Get your facts straight before exposing yourself. And IF you are lucky, you might live to get old.

haha stop...they are well acclimated to the heat by the time the games start. More heat related injuries occur in practice and training camps than they do in games.

Chattanooga and Kent St fall squarely in the preseason category no matter what we call it!
I agree, but Syracuse will not be next year. College football is my favorite sport… by far, but the powers that be make things so much more difficult than they need to be. I just find it odd that there are no scrimmages or even light exhibition games against a different opponent in preseason camp. Every other level of football, basketball, baseball has a tune up phase. College football just throws you out there Game 1 might make or break your season. Imagine being Clemson this year. Being in the ACC has very little room for error. You open up w/ UGA in Atlanta. If you get smoked and then go 10-2, don’t win the conference you’re probably not getting in the CFP. That’s pretty tough.

Feel sorry for the band. Hope they are ready.
Good observation. Our son wore that 100% wool uniform all 4 years at Tennessee, including September trips to Gainesville. At least the P.O.T.S. got new uniforms recently; they look the same but are now a wool/poly blend & much more comfortable in hot weather. :cool:

Can anyone let me know the stated ticket price from the university on the Kent State game ? Thanks

VN Store

Back