Kippy Brown will be Lions OC

I'm still not 100% sure this is happening. I've heard a lot of people saying he might want to retire. If so, I'd say working for UT would be a heck of a lot less stressful than the NFL. Plus, if Martz can get a decent RB in the draft, that offense might be one of the league's best.

I'm still not 100% sure this is happening. I've heard a lot of people saying he might want to retire. If so, I'd say working for UT would be a heck of a lot less stressful than the NFL. Plus, if Martz can get a decent RB in the draft, that offense might be one of the league's best.

Who? Are you just re-reading your own posts?

Who? Are you just re-reading your own posts?

I've never said that. I could pull up 20 posts saying he's moving to Knoxville next year regardless of what happens with the UT job. Several folks have said he's either UT's coordinator next season or he's retired. He's got his NFL pension now.

I've never said that. I could pull up 20 posts saying he's moving to Knoxville next year regardless of what happens with the UT job. Several folks have said he's either UT's coordinator next season or he's retired. He's got his NFL pension now.

Do you know the difference between being eligible to earn a pension and actually retiring?

Do you know the difference between being eligible to earn a pension and actually retiring?

What do you think? He's eligible now. I know that was one reason why he didn't want to leave the NFL last time we were looking for an OC.

He's eligible now. I know that was one reason why he didn't want to leave the NFL last time we were looking for an OC.

Have you ever read from any legitimate source that KB is considering "retiring?"

Legitimate would exclude posts on internet chat boards.

Read my above posts and see if you can figure that one out.

The answer appears to be NO.

"Heard" from who? I've asked three times now.

If you have no evidence, then quit spreading BS about KB retiring.

The answer appears to be NO.

"Heard" from who? I've asked three times now.

If you have no evidence, then quit spreading BS about KB retiring.
"I've heard a lot of people saying he might want to retire." That is 100% fact. I am not claiming anything is going to happen.

You are dumb as a rock. "I've heard a lot of people saying he might want to retire." That is 100% fact. I am not claiming anything is going to happen.

If you've "heard" something that is not a fact, the fact you heard it does not make it a fact.

Try thinking... it won't hurt you.

If you've "heard" something that is not a fact, the fact you heard it does not make it a fact.

Trying thinking... it won't hurt you.

I stated that I heard it. I did hear it. Therefore it is a fact. Pretty tough to grasp. I even threw in the word "might" before the word "retire" just to make it clear that I wasn't saying he was definitely retiring. I can't believe I had to explain that.

I stated that I heard it. I did hear it. Therefore it is a fact.

The fact is that you 'heard' something. Whether you use the word "heard" to mean you literally used your sense of hearing is still not known from what you've posted.

The question concerns the truth about whether or not KB is retiring. The fact you heard that is meaningless to discovering the truth. From whom did you "hear" it is relevant to discovering the truth as one assesses the credibility of the original source.

Stop... take a breath... and think.

If don't know the truth, then you don't know the truth. That's okay. In any case, you don't have to keep spreading a 'rumor' that you can't either confirm or disconfirm.

Do you undertand that?

The fact is that you 'heard' something. Whether you use the word "heard" to mean you literally used you sense of hearing is still not known from what you've posted.

The question concerns whether truth about whether or not KB is retiring. The fact you heard that is meaningless to discovering the truth. From whom did you "hear" it is relevant to discovering the truth as one assesses the credibility of the original source.

Stop... take a breath... and think.

If don't know the truth, then you don't the truth. That's okay. In any case, you don't have to keep spreading a 'rumor' that you can't either confirm or disconfirm.

Do you undertand that?

Let me get this straight. You say that internet message board posts are not legitimate sources. However, you are now furious because someone is spreading the rumor via these same illegitimate internet posts that a guy might retire? I realize you are angry with me because I am questioning the Kippy Brown hire, but get over it.

Sorry for the detour, guys.

I was just trying to find out if something was actually known.

In the end, there's just a lot of rank speculation while we're passing time waiting to find out who gets the job.

I guess nothing is 'air tight' until the announcement is made.

Here's what I know. Kippy Brown MIGHT retire. UT MIGHT beat Gonzaga today. I know both of those things for certain.

VN Store

Back