'25 KS TE Da’Saahn Brame (Tennessee commit)

I think it was more of they made such a big offer it was hard for him to refuse at the moment, but the more he thought about it then more he realized he wanted to be at UT even if the offer was a little less (assuming he flips to UT).
Possibly meaning, someone crunched the numbers on the loss to state taxes.

If we get some TE speed and good hands running that delayed middle seam... safeties will be having sleepless nights their week of facing Tennessee.

IIRC, we've lost a lot of points throwing to that route when it was open, but either didn't connect, or he was tackled from behind, short of the end zone.

If we get some TE speed and good hands running that delayed middle seam... safeties will be having sleepless nights their week of facing Tennessee.

IIRC, we've lost a lot of points throwing to that route when it was open, but either didn't connect, or he was tackled from behind, short of the end zone.
I’m expecting Ethan Davis to help with that this year

I’m expecting Ethan Davis to help with that this year
We're hoping so.

I really thought video of Fant's highlights, and how many ways he was used in this offense, would have attracted top talent sooner. But maybe the top talent available didn't meet other Tennessee team criteria.

We're hoping so.

I really thought video of Fant's highlights, and how many ways he was used in this offense, would have attracted top talent sooner. But maybe the top talent available didn't meet other Tennessee team criteria.
I think Fant was used in an atypical way to maximize his talents (too small for a traditional tight end, too big/slow for rb). Maybe that was the reason it didn’t translate to recruiting? You don’t see a lot of h-back stuff anymore, much less in the nfl which is what most D1 schools goal to be able to pitch recruits on.

Reactions: ChiTownVol
Possibly meaning, someone crunched the numbers on the loss to state taxes.
Oregon has one of the highest rates in the nation. I think the top rate is like 10%. He will have federal taxes anywhere, but once you throw those in the marginal difference in what he was offered there vs. here shrinks very quickly. If you are only keeping 40-50% of the offer difference then it is a lot easier to justify going where you want to go instead of where you will make a bit more.

And if being happy in your work makes you more productive then you could easily recoup many times what you gave up down the road.

Can't Brame the kid for wanting to be a Vol
YARN | It wasn't funny the first time. | Superstore (2015) - S04E12  Blizzard | Video gifs by quotes | 6bb6af0c | 紗

Oregon has one of the highest rates in the nation. I think the top rate is like 10%. He will have federal taxes anywhere, but once you throw those in the marginal difference in what he was offered there vs. here shrinks very quickly. If you are only keeping 40-50% of the offer difference then it is a lot easier to justify going where you want to go instead of where you will make a bit more.

And if being happy in your work makes you more productive then you could easily recoup many times what you gave up down the road.
The also have no Sales Tax though...Eugene isn't close enough but I know guy that live on the Washington State side (WA has no income tax) and then work and Shop in Portland (No Sales Tax) best of both worlds :)

If things go as planned Vols will have the #5 class on 247 by the end of the weekend
Just need to keep improving our average...bluechips.

Long ways to go and we're a bit lower on class average with some big programs behind us, due to fewer commits so far.

Reactions: knoxvol52
Do you think a 17 year old kid is thinking about state taxes or possibly his girlfriend?
Lol

Especially silly considering, if brought up, the other collective would just go "cool, here's x% more...oh and we have no sales tax here, so you keep that 7% you spend in other states when buying things".

The also have no Sales Tax though...Eugene isn't close enough but I know guy that live on the Washington State side (WA has no income tax) and then work and Shop in Portland (No Sales Tax) best of both worlds :)
This was me- I was that guy (worked in Portland , Oregon lived in Vancouver WA)

VN Store

Back