'25 KS TE Da’Saahn Brame (Tennessee commit)

The Scout​

Prior to the commitment, Volquest caught up with On3 Director of Scouting and Rankings, Charles Power, to break down Brame’s game.

“DaSaahn Brame is a talented tight-end prospect who excels as a pass catcher,” Power said of the No.4 tight end in the On3 Industry Rankings. “I think he has a good combination of size and athleticism. He measured in at 6-4.5, 220 pounds this off-season. He is one that excels at working up the seam. We see him primarily line up at the high school level flexed into the slot. He creates a mismatch when he draws linebacker or safeties working into the middle of the fields. He had a productive Junior season playing at Derby, one of the top programs in Kansas. He had 942 receiving yards and 13 touchdowns. Scored a touchdown on one out of every four catches. He is a guy, who I think, looking at his skillset, reminds me of Holden Staes coming out of high school. I think he is probably a better pass catcher. I think physically they are similar and would probably play similar roles in Tennessee’s offense. When I look at Brame, his real strength right now is to separate down the seam, elevate, and show a good catch radius, and I think his ability after the catch is a positive as well. We see him rip off some long runs as a Junior. I think he has shown he can come down with contested catches, and I think that is encouraging. He is not the longest in terms of his arm length, but I think with his coordination, his stature, he is able to mitigate that, in terms of his catch radius.

“This is a big flip for Tennessee. He is a top-ten tight end for us and has been an On300 prospect for the entirety of the cycle. He is a guy I think coming back and getting him in the boat is big for Tennessee.”

What this means for the tight end room​

Alec Abeln was excellent this cycle for Tennessee. He landed Jack Van Dorselaer early on and the Vols were more than content with where the numbers were at the time. Still, Abeln kept recruiting Brame, despite no one outside of Knoxville giving the Vols a chance in his recruitment. After Emmanuel Okoye switched to defense, Abeln turned up the heat even more, and despite not landing Brame the first time around, his consistency was key and paid off in the end, as Brame’s comfort level in Knoxville was a huge factor in this flip.

For Tennessee, you pair your top two targets at the position together, and the outlook is bright for this room moving forward. Miles Kittlesman is in his final year of eligibility and Holden Staes is a draft-eligible tight end. The room needed an influx of young, high-ceiling talent, and it got just that with the addition of Brame, to go along with Van Dorselaer.

What’s Next?​

At the tight end position, Tennessee is done for the 2025 cycle. All eyes will turn to Carson Sneed and Kendre Harrison for the 2026 cycle. Abeln has already done a nice job in both of these recruitments, and the Vols are early contenders for each. Sneed, an in-state prospect, who has a brother on the team already, will be in town this weekend for the Big Orange Kickoff.

-VQ

Boom!!! Gotta love flipping a top-notch tight end.

1668975896831.gif

VN Store

Back