Lack of vols in Gainesville

I just checked in to the quality inn and parked right next to a car with a VFL sticker.

We are staying over in St. Augustine and there are several cars here with Vols decals.

In Gainesville, and haven't seen a single Vol fan accept myself and had to deal with about 15 gator fans at Applebee's saying I was gator bait. Hoping to see at least some orange tomorrow.

Most of the Vol fans at the swamp tomorrow will be Floridians who are alumns or supporters. Many of them will be driving into the swamp to tailgate tomorrow...also many vol fans spending the night will probably be in Ocala not Gainesville where the hotel rates are higher...And I read that lots of tickets were returned to Florida as Tennessee fans from out of state are tired of coming to the swamp to get abused...as Floridians who are Vol fans if things start to go bad we can switch to our Georgia or FSU clothes at the half...lol. :clapping:
This... three vols in hotel in Ocala!!!!!!!!! Be there in the am.

Also noticed a bunch of power T's and Tennessee tags. We arrived late so haven't had the pleasure to meet any fellow Vols but we're here!

I'm up and ready to go! Headed out in a few to set the tailgate up.

You can call BS all you want but walking down Fraternity Dr to the stadium three people in front of the KA house were throwing the cups then ran back into the house. I didn't get hit, but the girl about 20 feet in front of us that did was soaked. My problem was more with the UF PD officers that came and basically did nothing about it.

I work with a guy who was KA at Oglethorpe down in Georgia. He said it was the most redneck assembly he'd ever been around. Like a college Klan. He got a "KA" tattooed on his lower leg and said he'll regret that the rest of his life. Ah, the days of Golden Grain.

Go to Oregon's forums and you can see why Tn people would want to go there. We were welcomed.

Go to Fl's forums and you can also see why no one would want to go down there.

I passed on a free ticket and private air...I'd rather sit in my 'Archie Bunker' chair, whittle, and watch on TV....just wait...you'll be old some day...

I work with a guy who was KA at Oglethorpe down in Georgia. He said it was the most redneck assembly he'd ever been around. Like a college Klan. He got a "KA" tattooed on his lower leg and said he'll regret that the rest of his life. Ah, the days of Golden Grain.
When I was tailgating with my pledge brothers from 20-something years back a few weekends ago I didn't count too many rednecks. Lots of lawyers, engineers, business owners, a couple of docs. and a college professor. I didn't poll for Klan membership but I'm guessing it's a zero participation rate.

We'll be leaving a little later this morning from our house near Orlando with our Big Orange flags flying! #GBO

VN Store

Back