LADY VOLS 3x3

Jill looking great. So far the most energy I’ve seen from any of the teams. A little annoying Creighton brought all their starters. Really don’t feel that’s the point of this tournament.

Not that bad, we have played better than most of the other teams this morning. Just bad luck on the draw playing Creighton who brought all veteran starters.
All four Creighton players hit at least 2 3’s… that’s hard to beat and better than any team men or womens today. They brought a team built for this. I’m impressed with us being 3 forwards.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
I have no comments, I’ll let others judge on what they've seen.

I saw our players lacked quickness and stand around on offense while Creighton players were always cutting to the rim or running to the sidelines. They got several open looks while most of our shots were contested. They also set more screens for one another.

On several plays we didn’t close out on shooters and just stood in the middle of the court.

I know this isn’t our best group but we have to learn how to move on offense.

Hopefully we can improve upon those things through the course of the tournament.

I saw our players lacked quickness and stand around on offense while Creighton players were always cutting to the rim or running to the sidelines. They got several open looks while most of our shots were contested. They also set more screens for one another.

On several plays we didn’t close out on shooters and just stood in the middle of the court.

I know this isn’t our best group but we have to learn how to move on offense.

Hopefully we can improve upon those things through the course of the tournament.
Very knowledgeable assessment of the game.

A few observations from watching the 3x3:

- Wells needs to be a day ONE starter at PG and Edie may need to be the backup.
- Hollingshead and Karo struggled to secure rebounds.
- Jill was a bright spot on offense
- We need to get an athletic F/C in the portal that can rebound out of their area.

That showing is what we've come to know as LV basketball in the past 10-15 years.

This team has a lot of work to do.

Repeating to self: Don't put too much stock in one 10 min stretch. But boy hidy, that was rough. Heard any of this before? Started game with a JP turnover outbreak, several bad passes. Jill was unguardable for the first few possesions so naturally we stopped going to her. We could not close out on long range shooters. Tess couldn't bury a shot. We got outhustled for several rebounds.

I thought Karo looked very good especially early and is in very, very good physical shape. Most toned I've ever seen her. She's gonna play alot this upcoming season. Jill as well, but she has to learn not to disappear. She needs to be a bit more assestive.

I am beyond thankful for our portal guards. Hopefully the next game will be better.

So much doom and gloom after 1 game sheesh… Creighton is only the second team to hit 21 and close out a game. Duke SLAPPED Indiana who had Parrish Scalia and other talent and UTAH ONLY SCORED 4 POINTS WITH ALYSSA PILI THE PAC-12 POY

Last edited:
So much doom and gloom after 1 game sheesh… Creighton is only the second team to hit 21 and close out a game. Duke SLAPPED Indiana who had Parrish Garzon and other talent and UTAH ONLY SCORED 4 POINTS WITH ALYSSA PILI THE PAC-12 POY
This was good for us. But honestly they never subbed Jas out and she was hurting us the most. Just couldn’t guard their size.

Also 3x3 is not an accurate representation of play.

So much doom and gloom after 1 game sheesh… Creighton is only the second team to hit 21 and close out a game. Duke SLAPPED Indiana who had Parrish Garzon and other talent and UTAH ONLY SCORED 4 POINTS WITH ALYSSA PILI THE PAC-12 POY

An honest (and accurate) assessment of the game isn’t doom and gloom.

It’s not about any other team. It’s about us. Our issues are still our issues. And I hope they don’t rub off on Wells and Spear.

It’s not about any other team. It’s about us. Our issues are still our issues. And I hope they don’t rub off on Wells and Spear.
Lol… we literally brought 3 forwards and an undersized pg… we aren’t built for this. But were a lot of positives and negatives

Reactions: Dak1219

Jas main problem is she playing like we have 30 seconds and u acting like she won’t play

Lol… we literally brought 3 forwards and an undersized pg… we aren’t built for this. But were a lot of positives and negatives

Are you saying Tess is a forward?

We brought Powell, Tess, Karo and Jill.

VN Store

Back