Lance Armstrong will be stripped of his seven Tour titles

There is no chance that Armstrong was pure. Zero. I'd believe Roger Clemens was pure before I believed Armstrong.

Apparently they subpoened George Hincapie, who reluctantly testified that the whole team was doping the whole time. Hincapie is regarded universally as having an impeccable reputation by everyone in the whole sport.

Not sure what the point of stripping him of his titles is, though, since they would then go to other guys who were certainly doping too. All that is is grandstanding.

Last edited:
There is no chance that Armstrong was pure. Zero. I'd believe Roger Clemens was pure before I believed Armstrong.

Apparently they subpoened George Hincapie, who reluctantly testified that the whole team was doping the whole time. Hincapie is regarded universally as having an impeccable reputation by everyone in the whole sport.

Not sure what the point of stripping him of his titles is, though, since they would then go to other guys who were certainly doping too. All that is is grandstanding.

As my dad puts it "Either he was the best rider at the time since everyone was doping and he still beat them, or he's the greatest athlete of all time if he's clean and beat every single one of them who was doping. You choose which one is more likely."

As my dad puts it "Either he was the best rider at the time since everyone was doping and he still beat them, or he's the greatest athlete of all time if he's clean and beat every single one of them who was doping. You choose which one is more likely."

Yep. I mean, he's still the greatest cyclist of modern times. The fact that he was able to do that after cancer is no less unbelievable than it's always been. But he dug his heels in and went the Roger Clemens route instead of the Andy Pettitte route, and that never works out.

I don't know that it's a witch hunt as much as the inevitable fallout after former Armstrong domestique Floyd Landis got busted and stripped of his own Tour title. Landis responded with a scorched-earth attitude, throwing everybody else (including and especially Armstrong) under the bus too. Armstrong stonewalled, which inevitably made it a pissing match.

I think Armstrong's cancer feel good story makes it hard for people to reason. Nobody ever mentions that he was at best mediocre until after he got sick.

I think Armstrong's cancer feel good story makes it hard for people to reason. Nobody ever mentions that he was at best mediocre until after he got sick.

Till about one year ago, I didn't believe it. Quite simply, because I didn't want to.

Spot on

Witch hunt

Thats exactly what it is.

I've read all the reports, and for myself I don't believe this crap at all. And I dont blame Armstrong for not wanting to fight this,,,,, he's been through all this crap before.

Unfortunately, he will be excoriated in the press and by the online self appointed hanging judges. Nothing Americans love more than destroying heroes and institutions.

Once he lost ole lefty, he became much more efficient. More lightweight and aerodynamic.

This

Who cares if he was pure? He passed every test he was administered. What other proof is need other than him just admit it? Who would do that? Guess they were intent to drag it on forever until he stopped fighting or he admit it. It was a lose lose situation.

Wait, so he never failed a test? Where did all this come from?

Forgive me for not paying attention to it, but I'm bored by cycling.

I feel the same way about Lance that I do about Barry Bonds. At some point you have to prove to me that every cyclist he competed against wasn't doping either. Odds are that they were.

He could care less. All he has to do these days is meet with his accountants once a month.

Wait, so he never failed a test? Where did all this come from?

Forgive me for not paying attention to it, but I'm bored by cycling.

Floyd Landis got caught & all he wanted to do was throw every person he could under the bus. Armstrong has been dealing with this for years because of hearsay. No physical evidence at all. He passed every drug test he was administered.

I feel the same way about Lance that I do about Barry Bonds. At some point you have to prove to me that every cyclist he competed against wasn't doping either. Odds are that they were.

He could care less. All he has to do these days is meet with his accountants once a month.

I mean really who cared about what Barry did even though he really did it.

I'm sure he could care a LOT less.

It's not all about money. If I had essentially 7 world championships in whatever sport I played, I'd be pretty upset if those were stripped, even if I was set for life financially.

I'm sure he could care a LOT less.

It's not all about money. If I had essentially 7 world championships in whatever sport I played, I'd be pretty upset if those were stripped, even if I was set for life financially.

Cycling is probably the dirtiest sport out there. Regardless the man passed every drug test & that should be the end of it. It's nothing but a witch hunt & was gonna be dragged out until he was guilty one way or another.

this isn't true. He was already one of the best TT guys in the world, but was just too big for the mountains. Guy was a beast from the get go and performed exceptionally for a young rider.

I was never a big fan, but this is a witch hunt. It's a dirty sport, so why single one guy out? The dude accomplished more than anybody else, and did it in a very competitive era. End of story.

VN Store

Back