Larry Scott talking that Schiano

Larry Scott definitely from the Butch Jones tree.

Rutgers probably paid them a $1M or whatever and wanted to get some reps. Suck it up dude.
The only thing that could have made that more “Butch League “, on all sides would have been Butch himself .

I’m a guy who normally thinks like the ole ball coach. But scoring at the last second when you’re already blowing out a team is pretty bush league.

Reactions: VAVol85
It was literally the last play of the game. If I was a Howard player I’d probably have thought that was throwing hands worthy

Honestly? Reading through this made me SOOOOO happy-for multiple reasons.

1. Schiano never stood on the sidelines for us. UT fandom collectively made sure of that. I am free to mock him freely with no compunction whatsoever to defend him in any fashion..

And most importantly-

2. The name Larry Scott did not even remotely ring a bell. I had to look him up to see the UT connection. Does this mean that at long last I have exorcised the demons and memories of the Botch Jones era? I mean it has to be a good sign right?

Name meant nothing to me, then I remembered.
Props on him getting a HC job.
He was definitely playing checkers in a chess game that one season.

It was literally the last play of the game. If I was a Howard player I’d probably have thought that was throwing hands worthy
Tell me you've never played anything competitive without telling me you've never played anything competitive

giphy.gif

Reactions: hog88 and miket4god
Both were wrong IMHO…on the last play Schiano should have taken a knee, but regardless Scott should have kept his mouth shut and taken his lumps.

Heupel did this last year (Vandy I think). Let the reserves march all the way down the field, then took a knee inside the ten with a few seconds left. Reserves need reps not stats.

This isn't peewee..if you don't want the score to be high, then don't schedule opponents that you can't handle.

Got to agree. Garbage time with backups. He did all that could be expected

I’m a guy who normally thinks like the ole ball coach. But scoring at the last second when you’re already blowing out a team is pretty bush league.

Was it bush league when Tennessee threw a bomb with less than 2 minutes left, and then scored a TD on the last play of the game when defeating Missouri by 40+ points in 2022?

Im not a Schiano fan, but it’s really lame to complain a team’s backups scoring late in a game.

Agreed. If it’s the back ups playing, it is just good coaching to give them some real playing time. Howard’s players could use the reps as well. Try hard every down no matter what the score is to get even better next week.

A knee taken is a rep lost.

VN Store

Back