Latest Batch Of Pre-season Crap From Espn

Originally posted by UTVOLFAN@Apr 21, 2005 5:06 PM
doesnt matter what they say, we'll settle it on the field

We gotta have something to talk about that doesn't involve starting QB's, Spurrier or arrests.

I think I say this every time I see a preseason ranking - Is it written in the Sportwriter/Analyst Handbook that they must put Florida in every preseason top 10?

What is it about two straight 5 loss seasons and a coaching change that would make you want to put them in your top 10???

Originally posted by GAVol@Apr 21, 2005 5:18 PM
I think I say this every time I see a preseason ranking - Is it written in the Sportwriter/Analyst Handbook that they must put Florida in every preseason top 10?

What is it about two straight 5 loss seasons and a coaching change that would make you want to put them in your top 10???

They were really good like 8 years ago.

Originally posted by GAVol@Apr 21, 2005 8:18 PM

Check that - it's 3 straight 5 loss seasons.

Originally posted by GAVol@Apr 21, 2005 7:18 PM

16 starters back and a new coach and its Florida

It's not just ESPN. I guarantee you that Florida will be in the top 10 or close to it in every preseason poll that you're going to see. Not saying that they might not be really good, but has there ever been a more highly touted 5 loss team with a first year head coach? Seems to me that after you've lost 15 games in 3 years and fired a coach, you should have to prove SOMETHING.

Florida has the potential to be the best team in the country...

Let's face it, they could have gone one loss just as easily last season based just on player's talent. Zook's idiocy kept that from happening, but all they needed was competent coaching and they probably would have beaten us, LSU, Mississippi State, maybe Georgia and maybe have beaten us for the SEC East title. They were literally about 10 combined minutes of gameplay away from this, hampered only by the blunders of the Zooker.

Give that kind talent good coaching and who know what can happen...

milo, sorry man but florida does not have what it takes to be the #1 team in the nation. they haven't even played their first game under meyer yet. he's gonna find out in a hurry that this isn't the a conference he can walk right through.

:blink: Did anyone notice that Ivan Maisel had Auburn at number 7? What is he smoking? (you don't have to answer that bond!!)

Maisel's rankings are a bag of crap. He's got Florida as high as number 5. That tells ya somethin right there. And Auburn #7?! Auburn loses their entire backfield. If there ever was a rebuilding year for the tigers this would be it. Just another reason not to pay attention to the crappy writers on espn.

Originally posted by GAVol@Apr 21, 2005 7:35 PM
It's not just ESPN. I guarantee you that Florida will be in the top 10 or close to it in every preseason poll that you're going to see. Not saying that they might not be really good, but has there ever been a more highly touted 5 loss team with a first year head coach? Seems to me that after you've lost 15 games in 3 years and fired a coach, you should have to prove SOMETHING.

They should have to prove it on the field. I agree they have good talent down there, but IMO all the media just loves the urban myth for some reason.

:censored: the gators

Who cares? I hope they are a unanimous #1 when UT gets a hold of them. Their higher ranking just makes it all the more sweet when we spank that ass in the Swamp! :rocks:

ill be there to witness and take pics!!! :rocks: :rocks: :rocks: ... maybe then ill get sum recpest...

VN Store

Back