Lawsuit and Recruiting

UT needs to take this opportunity to show recruits that Tennessee is the only school that is willing to take on the NCAA to preserve players’ rights. Not only the school, but our state.
Absolutely!
UT needs to let the student athletes know they have their backs!
Sue the NCAA into oblivion for astronomical damages!

Absolutely!
UT needs to let the student athletes know they have their backs!
Sue the NCAA into oblivion for astronomical damages!
This is what needs to happen. Then.....just to stick it in the NCAA's craw, promise to donate half of the money won in the lawsuit to a collective that will be distributed to athletes.

UT needs to take this opportunity to show recruits that Tennessee is the only school that is willing to take on the NCAA to preserve players’ rights. Not only the school, but our state.
They already are! The fact that every major news outlet has displayed and paraphrased Chancellor Plowman’s document to the NCAA! Go Vols

Doesn’t seem like we have enough fans that care about TN sports for that to happen. The overall support this fan base has shown towards NIL has been pathetic.
You gotta lotta nerve calling fans "pathetic" for not donating money.

A lotta people might have higher priorities for their money. My kids might think I'm pathetic for donating to an $8 milllion dollar quarterback instead of investing in their food, shelter, and education.

🙄

Last edited:

A lotta people might have higher priorities for their money. My kids might think I'm pathetic for donating to am $8 milllion dollar quarterback instead of investigating in their food, shelter, and education.

🙄
Sorry that’s my opinion. You don’t like it tough. We have had so many fans for years belly aching about TN football. Well now there is a real opportunity for the average fan to help the program they have been complaining about for so long.

A 100k people have no issues with paying for parking, over priced food and drinks, merchandise, hotel rooms etc for games on Saturday. But can’t afford $5 a month? Get out of here. You can’t even buy a McDonalds quarter pounder with cheese for $5. How many TN Vol fans do you think there are? I am going to assume more than 100k. But let’s low ball and say there are 500k TN fans.

Now if all of those 500k people have $5 a month that’s 2.5 million. Now I believe 90% of that monthly fee goes to helping the program. So that’s 2.2 million. Sorry I don’t buy virtually everyone who attends a UT game cannot afford $60 per year. They just don’t want to.

Yeah I am sure your kids would admonish you for donating $5 per month. 🙄🙄 indeed.

Doesn’t seem like we have enough fans that care about TN sports for that to happen. The overall support this fan base has shown towards NIL has been pathetic.
Just read your second comment explaining your first post. Do we know how many people donate to Spyree? I would think they have that info with the current technology.

Thanks for the info as I guess I’m a bit behind on this one.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vol 67

A lotta people might have higher priorities for their money. My kids might think I'm pathetic for donating to am $8 milllion dollar quarterback instead of investigating in their food, shelter, and education.

🙄
Agree. If you love Tenn athletics and can afford to support spyre that’s great. That said if you can’t afford to give or if your family needs that money it doesn’t make you less of a fan. Some of our fans are well intentioned but dumb about this.

🙄
Either investing in them and your priorities or a kid who will be just fine one way or another.

A lotta people might have higher priorities for their money. My kids might think I'm pathetic for donating to an $8 milllion dollar quarterback instead of investing in their food, shelter, and education.

🙄
Most of us can do both.

Not all, i realize. But the ones that can and dont are likley who his "pathetic" description was directed at.

Sorry that’s my opinion. You don’t like it tough. We have had so many fans for years belly aching about TN football. Well now there is a real opportunity for the average fan to help the program they have been complaining about for so long.

A 100k people have no issues with paying for parking, over priced food and drinks, merchandise, hotel rooms etc for games on Saturday. But can’t afford $5 a month? Get out of here. You can’t even buy a McDonalds quarter pounder with cheese for $5. How many TN Vol fans do you think there are? I am going to assume more than 100k. But let’s low ball and say there are 500k TN fans.

Now if all of those 500k people have $5 a month that’s 2.5 million. Now I believe 90% of that monthly fee goes to helping the program. So that’s 2.2 million. Sorry I don’t buy virtually everyone who attends a UT game cannot afford $60 per year. They just don’t want to.

Yeah I am sure your kids would admonish you for donating $5 per month. 🙄🙄 indeed.
LMAO. I hope you realize one day, football is not that important in life. It's solely entertainment to average people and there's a lot of entertainment besides football. I'd rather donate to a non profit charity that actually helps people in need instead of donating to a for profit company to get people to go to a certain school. They are very likely to have more than average income in their future no matter the school anyway.

Reactions: glv98 and miket4god
Money in players pockets is all they care about, not a lawsuit.
Unfortunately this is correct. Even moreso families want a “safe” pick as well if the money is close. Unfortunately this puts Tennessee in a tough spot either way. We’ll win in court if it goes there but it’s going to hurt us some in recruiting. Just really no other way to put it.

The NCAA is saying since there were so many different state laws we made NIL rules and every school agreed to that rule. So if any school violates those rules we can come after them no matter state law. Tennessee is saying the rules were different every month the NCAA made them up as they went along so there was no way to comply because we didn't know what to comply to. Tennessee is now saying since we didn't know what to comply to then state law should be the way we operate. We'll go to court and see what a judge thinks.

The only way Tennessee could lose is if a judge said the NCAA rule invalidated state law. That would be one of the most biased decisions in history. So if he rules that state law prevails then there are no violations. This clearly puts the NCAA on very shaky ground as the constant rule changes were hard for any school to follow and they will go to court with the claim that they have more power than the laws of the state Tennessee. I don't know if the NCAA is willing to take it to court, but it would be either their return to power or their demise depending on the ruling. I would think their ability to win would be very very low to nothing.

As far as NIco he was allowed to sign with whomever he wanted to in high school because of California state law. Once signed he could take full advantage of anything the collective wanted to give him whether that be trips on planes or a brand new car etc. The NCAA is again saying all schools agreed to ignore state laws and let us make the rules we go by. So again welcome to court and again state laws versus NCAA rules.

LMAO. I hope you realize one day, football is not that important in life. It's solely entertainment to average people and there's a lot of entertainment besides football. I'd rather donate to a non profit charity that actually helps people in need instead of donating to a for profit company to get people to go to a certain school. They are very likely to have more than average income in their future no matter the school anyway.
You are right for the most part, but the entertainment take is a little overboard. I love college sports and following kids from Tennessee through their careers in all sports. No matter the team they play for but I grew up as a Tennessee fan. After what we have experienced in the past 20 years it was more than entertainment it was a matter of survival and a quest to get back to the top.

So it becomes personal and engrained in one's mind set. 60 + years of following UT athletics in all sports has some health, mental and social benefits. It is a way of life for some and I can see why. Last years upset of Alabama was entertaining but it was about getting back into the stream of things. As with Baseball as with Basketball, Tennis, Women's Soccer and the list goes on and on.

This is just another hiccup of which the NCAA thought we would roll over and they used NICO to do it.

Entertaining yes but it is about the Volnation family much more than the entertainment. If I watched a UT game for entertainment I would not be watching very much Vol sports.

The NCAA is saying since there were so many different state laws we made NIL rules and every school agreed to that rule. So if any school violates those rules we can come after them no matter state law. Tennessee is saying the rules were different every month the NCAA made them up as they went along so there was no way to comply because we didn't know what to comply to. Tennessee is now saying since we didn't know what to comply to then state law should be the way we operate. We'll go to court and see what a judge thinks.

The only way Tennessee could lose is if a judge said the NCAA rule invalidated state law. That would be one of the most biased decisions in history. So if he rules that state law prevails then there are no violations. This clearly puts the NCAA on very shaky ground as the constant rule changes were hard for any school to follow and they will go to court with the claim that they have more power than the laws of the state Tennessee. I don't know if the NCAA is willing to take it to court, but it would be either their return to power or their demise depending on the ruling. I would think their ability to win would be very very low to nothing.

As far as NIco he was allowed to sign with whomever he wanted to in high school because of California state law. Once signed he could take full advantage of anything the collective wanted to give him whether that be trips on planes or a brand new car etc. The NCAA is again saying all schools agreed to ignore state laws and let us make the rules we go by. So again welcome to court and again state laws versus NCAA rules.
So the NCAA is saying that they are the Federal Government of college athletics and their law trumps state law. If that is their stance then stick a fork in them, they are done.

VN Store

Back