Let’s check in on NC State: Louisiana Tech (1-0) vs NC State (1-1) (ACC Network)

Ugh. Only reinforces my BVS. I am not going to feel good about us until we go to Norman and put on a show. Until then we just aren’t tested. It just is what it is.
Nah, don’t go down that road. We took care of business by a wide margin. We did what we were supposed to do if anything, that’s the way to look at it.

We need to be rooting hard for NC State to win so that our win over them looks great to the playoff committee.
Likely going to just have to let the team’s SEC wins carry the weight. NC State’s still got games against quite a few teams that can beat them if they keep playing like they have so far this season.

At least (1) Tennessee scheduled an OOC Power 5 team, so the committee isn’t going to penalize them like they do when schools only schedule Group of 5 and FCS teams and (2) Tennessee didn’t do like another SEC team I can think of (cough Ole Miss cough) schedule a traditionally bad Power 5 program like say Wake Forest for their one OOC Power 5 opponent.

OK, let’s be honest. NC State is not a very good team. We still have not been tested.

I mean it was impressive the way we beat them but they are mediocre. I would say Alabama's win over Wisconsin is likely more impressive due to the opponent they played. People saying Tennessee should be ranked over Alabama were off-based.

Reactions: jhcrane14
I mean it was impressive the way we beat them but they are mediocre. I would say Alabama's win over Wisconsin is likely more impressive due to the opponent they played. People saying Tennessee should be ranked over Alabama were off-based.
Going off of wins alone, we absolutely should have been ranked over Alabama last week. Us beating NCState at a neautral
Site, no matter how overrated they are, is way better than struggling at home against South Florida.

Going off of wins alone, we absolutely should have been ranked over Alabama last week. Us beating NCState at a neautral
Site, no matter how overrated they are, is way better than struggling at home against South Florida.
South Florida is probably better than NC State .... but it's not like we had any problems with NC State. It was 51-10 and our offense was not crisp at all. We are untested, and that is obviously not changing tonight. Kent State is even worse than Chattanooga.

South Florida is probably better than NC State .... but it's not like we had any problems with NC State. It was 51-10 and our offense was not crisp at all. We are untested, and that is obviously not changing tonight. Kent State is even worse than Chattanooga.

I don't think South Florida is better than NC State, I think Alabama just had some issues and they have figured it out and adjusted. Seems like issues with the O-line.

VN Store

Back