Loki (Disney+)

Awesome

tod9xk5165h11.jpg

newFile-7.jpg
Showed this to a buddy of mine who told me the creator who came up with that for Spidey Super Stories (not a mainline MU book), David Allen Kraft passed away from COVID back in May.

The only thing is Loki season 2 comes out before the new Ant-Man with Kang. So it makes me wonder who will be the bad guy in the next episode. Also I think the women that Sylvie took to the roxxmarket and showed her life before the TVA , I think she is a Loki also.

Finale was decent. Overall a decent show.

So forgive my ignorance, but who was the “villain” from a comic book standpoint? Can’t say I’m familiar with him

Weird how they merged Kang with He Who Remains....kinda makes sense but they were completely different comic book characters.

Kang does offer lots of interesting plot possibilities. Marvel seems to be moving away from overpowered heroes and villains and moving more toward chaos and strategic war on a multidimensional level. It will make it possible for lesser characters to have a huge impact.

Did she turn?

Her chaos magic conflicts with the Sorcerer Supreme's goals and allows her to be used by higher beings that feed on or cause chaos. I don't think she will be an outright villain but will probably be used/controlled by the primary villain for at least most of the movie. If Shuma-Gorath ends up being the main villain then he can use the Darkhold to control her because of her connection to it.

Reactions: butchna
Weird how they merged Kang with He Who Remains....kinda makes sense but they were completely different comic book characters.

Kang does offer lots of interesting plot possibilities. Marvel seems to be moving away from overpowered heroes and villains and moving more toward chaos and strategic war on a multidimensional level. It will make it possible for lesser characters to have a huge impact.

They were two different characters - that was not Kang. Much like Loki and Sylvie are 2 different characters.

Reactions: rocytop2624
He was the final remaining Kang keeping the others in check....the good one if you will. But he was still a Kang.

The One Who Remains was an ancient being who was the only survivor of a destroyed universe....he wasn't Kang in any form in the comics. I still say blending the two characters does work for plot purposes and it's believable but still goes against the history of the two characters. Whatever, it's not the first or last time the MCU has taken creative liberties.

They are still giving versions of great comic story lines and doing a way better job than DC. DC made a mistake by not committing to Snyder and letting him execute his vision for their story arc. Instead they come out with disjointed garbage.

Reactions: vols72
He was the final remaining Kang keeping the others in check....the good one if you will. But he was still a Kang.

The One Who Remains was an ancient being who was the only survivor of a destroyed universe....he wasn't Kang in any form in the comics. I still say blending the two characters does work for plot purposes and it's believable but still goes against the history of the two characters. Whatever, it's not the first or last time the MCU has taken creative liberties.

They are still giving versions of great comic story lines and doing a way better job than DC. DC made a mistake by not committing to Snyder and letting him execute his vision for their story arc. Instead they come out with disjointed garbage.

I misunderstood your point. đź‘Ť

Reactions: gainesvol82

Synder's vision perfectly aligns with DC's vision of pure unadulterated hot buttered garbage.

Reactions: BenGrimm
Synder's vision perfectly aligns with DC's vision of pure unadulterated hot buttered garbage.

Disagree. Man Of Steel was fantastic....I thought it was better than almost every MCU movie. Batman vs Superman wasn't as bad as it was made out to be. The first 1.5 hours were a little slow but the early parts of that movie were supposed to be the setup for the theme of how does earth deal with a being or beings like Superman when they destroy cities in battle, what happens if Superman goes crazy and turns against the world(which was planned to happen and only The Flash could have prepared the world for). The last hour of BvS was very good....Batman nearly killing Superman, Doomsday battle was beast mode and Wonder Woman's fighting and them music was amazing.

First Wonder Woman is a great movie(I know Snyder didn't direct) and Snyder Cut of Justice League was very, very good and set up so many possibilities. Warner Brothers didn't have the balls to put out a movie that long and they were scared that people didn't love BvS so they scrapped a great story arc, had Whedon take a dump on Justice League, put out hot garbage with Suicide Squad, Aquaman was ok, WW84 was disappointing, Shazam sucked.

I'm pissed that I will never get to see Snyder's vision on screen because WB sucks....which is why Christopher Nolan is leaving. The DCEU was just about to really pop off. The characters were cast very well and Flash and Cyborg were going to be interesting to watch....and Darkseid is a better villain than Thanos. Difference is Marvel/Disney didn't tuck their nuts when a movie or two wasn't great....they staid the course and gave us an amazing final few movies of Phase 3. Ok, screenplay over.

the reveal of why the TVA had a bit of Dune's "Golden Path" in it; choosing among an infinite number of bad futures and realizing the "best" option requires strict and cruel control of humanity to preserve it

I love Kang as villain choice. Really surprised they introduced him on a show.

But by God I want the dang mask! Amd not like the 2 seconds we got Zemos mask. I want him wearing it the whole time.

VN Store

Back