Long, but Heartfelt...for what that's worth

congratulations on your FIRST set of season tickets for our vol games.i started as a freshman in 1966(talk about old!),went to every home game during my 4 years there.went to all the home games after that until 76 courtesy of coccession friends and other track team guys.the point being,in 1979 my lovely wife and i moved to knoxville;but,couldn't go to games at home,no tickets.my dad had bought season tickets my freshman year and had kept them always.he gave us his tickets for the auburn game.amy,my wife,went to her first vol game.we sat in section n.i told her if anything happened at the start,the stadium would go "beeserk".she marveled at the orange and white dress of fans.opening kickoff,ggary moore took the kickoff 97 yards for a touchdown.it was ON!amy was worried thatthe stands would come down.she still recounts that game to others.having your searon tickets is a wonderful accomplishment.i hope the stadium is up for grabs for you and yours for years to come.GO VOLS and GET'EM BUTCH!!!

I was at that game too. Sadly, I believe Gary passed away a few years ago. Believe he was from Meigs Co. It's been a bunch of long seasons since '07, but when we get back on top & start winning again, it will make it even sweeter after the rough path we've been down. Had season tkts of my own since '96 & went with a friend before that that had them since '82! There is NOTHING like Tennessee Football!!

And now the darker side of the purchase closes in. I'm not talking about buyer's remorse...I have absolutely none of that. What I do have is the dreadful realization that the season doesn't start for another...what...129 days.

*sigh*

And now the darker side of the purchase closes in. I'm not talking about buyer's remorse...I have absolutely none of that. What I do have is the dreadful realization that the season doesn't start for another...what...129 days.

*sigh*

What's worse is when you get the tickets in the mail or UPS and you have the tickets in hand but still have to wait before you can use them.

Well, slight correction needed. Just got a call from the university. Apparently there was an error on the server and the tickets I purchased weren't actually available. They've given me seats that are one two closer and one section over. So, I'm actually in Y8, row 25. Pretty much right behind the goalpost. Maybe I'll get to shag a few field goals.

VN Store

Back