Looking at second year players who could step up...

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
I heard this discussion on the radio this week. Which players who are in the second year with the Vols, and who aren't named Nico, could see the field this year and make an impact? This is only guys who are in their second year with Tennessee, so it doesn't count first year transfers who are in their second year in college.

The names mentioned...

Arion Carter
Caleb Herring
Chandavian Bradley
Ethan Davis
DeSean Bishop

Obviously, as a projected starter, Carter has the best chance to make a big impact this season. Which of the others do you think are most likely to contribute this year?

I think Rickey Gibson, although he did play some last year is going to have a big year at CB. More athletic and able to break on the ball better than we’ve had the last few years.

Hobbs will start to show out more on DL, but with how stacked we are there, he may not get enough opportunities. And don’t forget Tealander, he will be a stud before he leaves here.

If Cam Sheldon is healthy, he will make a huge impact for the offense as well. That said, we all know Nico is going to be straight 🔥

GB🍊

I heard this discussion on the radio this week. Which players who are in the second year with the Vols, and who aren't named Nico, could see the field this year and make an impact? This is only guys who are in their second year with Tennessee, so it doesn't count first year transfers who are in their second year in college.

The names mentioned...

Arion Carter
Caleb Herring
Chandavian Bradley
Ethan Davis
DeSean Bishop

Obviously, as a projected starter, Carter has the best chance to make a big impact this season. Which of the others do you think are most likely to contribute this year?
Would ADD 1 guy, the OTHER RB, Keith, might be a cog by improving our short yardage conversion rate. He and Bishop might do this in different fashions. Keith more of a hammer, Bishop seems to always max out a carry with lane selection and patience and always falling forward. I like our whole room.

I think Rickey Gibson, although he did play some last year is going to have a big year at CB. More athletic and able to break on the ball better than we’ve had the last few years.

Hobbs will start to show out more on DL, but with how stacked we are there, he may not get enough opportunities. And don’t forget Tealander, he will be a stud before he leaves here.

If Cam Sheldon is healthy, he will make a huge impact for the offense as well. That said, we all know Nico is going to be straight 🔥

GB🍊
Dang, forgot Seldon is a 2nd year guy.

The names mentioned...

Arion Carter
Caleb Herring
Chandavian Bradley
Ethan Davis
DeSean Bishop

As good as Carter is, and as great as he may eventually be, Pili and Tealander are vying for those two starting LB positions as well. And don't go to sleep on the LB's from Kentucky and Georgia (names escape me right now).

Keith isn't kidding, cause he doesn't like being a third wheel. Arion is gonna be music to our eras according to Dionysus, and Plato agreed.
The dog and the crystal ball affirmed this, so...

Reactions: Smokey19rt
As good as Carter is, and as great as he may eventually be, Pili and Tealander are vying for those two starting LB positions as well. And don't go to sleep on the LB's from Kentucky and Georgia (names escape me right now).
Perry and Smith.
Spillman has jumped both of them already imo

Reactions: Smokey19rt
It's Ethan Davis. He is TE#1 and will be featured in the passing offense where he will showcase his pass catching and route running abilities.

We got a taste of it in the spring game '23 before he broke his collarbone. He had some nice catches then as a true fr and has been developing chemistry with Nico as a backup ever since.

The names mentioned...

Arion Carter
Caleb Herring
Chandavian Bradley
Ethan Davis
DeSean Bishop

Did they mention Chandavian's position? Someone here said "word is" that wwe are experimenting with him at TE. But the last I saw or read he was playing edge rusher in the O&W game. Also, Apr. 6 practice report.

Did they mention Chandavian's position? Someone here said "word is" that wwe are experimenting with him at TE. But the last I saw or read he was playing edge rusher in the O&W game. Also, Apr. 6 practice report.
Edge. If I remember correctly, he got a look at tight end but moved back to defense in the spring.

It's Ethan Davis. He is TE#1 and will be featured in the passing offense where he will showcase his pass catching and route running abilities.
They're both on the field for 2 TE sets, but has Ethan Davis beat out our ND transfer Holden Staes for TE#1 already?

Reactions: VOLfrombama

The names mentioned...

Arion Carter
Caleb Herring
Chandavian Bradley
Ethan Davis
DeSean Bishop

I think Davis is really going to elevate our TE play to a level that we haven't seen in quite some time. Has the intangibles of a WR. Great hands and will be an excellent route runner.

I think Davis is really going to elevate our TE play to a level that we haven't seen in quite some time. Has the intangibles of a WR. Great hands and will be an excellent route runner.
My only worry is can he stay healthy he has missed time dating back to his senior year… he plays a physical position if he can stay healthy he will dominate with Nico…

Also would love for Gibson, Turrentine, and slaughter in the secondary and Hobbs, Herring, plus Carter and Telander in the front 7 to all breakout and have good seasons… this team is good and has a lot of depth on defense… the more the offseason goes the more excited I get… i think this will be our best defense in a long time.

Reactions: MemphisVol77

VN Store

Back