Looking into the Orange Crystal Ball

Alden Hill will have 762 rushing yards. Neal will go out in 3rd game with a leg injury, 211 total yards. Lane will carry the team with 1,182 yards rushing and 8 td's. this is exact

I know this is going to not sit well with you guys but are you not in the least a little (and I can't emphasis enough a LITTLE) bit concerned about Western Kentucky. Listen I'm very excited about our season and yes we are Tennessee and we are talking about lowly ole WKU but for some reason I am a little weary about what Bobby Petrino can do with an offense. Do I expect to lose it NO. Yes of coarse there will be some that say Butch won't let that happen. All I am saying is open it up for a little discussion about it. Didn't they do pretty dang well last yr? Yes I know WKU is no SEC or even ACC school for that matter but I wonder if they are bringing everyone back. I don't want/need Tennessee to be a Michigan and APP state. If that wouldnt gave happened we prob wouldn't even discuss.

We beat WKU 87-1

I like it. Don't get me wrong I have faith but I'm just saying stranger things have happened and I will be looking forward to watching us man handle WKU. I guess its pretty terrible to even be discussing the possibility but I've thought about this game more then I should I guess.

I know this is going to not sit well with you guys but are you not in the least a little (and I can't emphasis enough a LITTLE) bit concerned about Western Kentucky. Listen I'm very excited about our season and yes we are Tennessee and we are talking about lowly ole WKU but for some reason I am a little weary about what Bobby Petrino can do with an offense. Do I expect to lose it NO. Yes of coarse there will be some that say Butch won't let that happen. All I am saying is open it up for a little discussion about it. Didn't they do pretty dang well last yr? Yes I know WKU is no SEC or even ACC school for that matter but I wonder if they are bringing everyone back. I don't want/need Tennessee to be a Michigan and APP state. If that wouldnt gave happened we prob wouldn't even discuss.
I share your concern. I did already on one of the WKU threads.

Reactions: 2 people

Its just one of those games. If butch and company coach games like they recruit we have nothing to worry about. Too many unknowns at this point IMO. But if we really are back then next yr we don't even have a discussion about this. Go vols!

I saw that and unfortunately some folks jumped down your throat about it. Regarding Red Air's comment that WKU is viewed by many here as no SEC or even ACC team, he's right. Added to that I'd say, Tennessee hasn't been playing like an SEC lately so his concern about WKU makes perfect sense. Butch will have the team playing with an attitude, which is easy to do as these guys are sick of losing. But WKU must not be taken lightly. You get too cocky and you get azz kicked. Looked what happened to Silva: Anderson Silva KNOCKED OUT - YouTube

Reactions: 2 people
I saw that and unfortunately some folks jumped down your throat about it. Regarding Red Air's comment that WKU is viewed by many here as no SEC or even ACC team, he's right. Added to that I'd say, Tennessee hasn't been playing like an SEC lately so his concern about WKU makes perfect sense. Butch will have the team playing with an attitude, which is easy to do as these guys are sick of losing. But WKU must not be taken lightly. You get too cocky and you get azz kicked. Looked what happened to Silva: Anderson Silva KNOCKED OUT - YouTube
Look at what happened to Miami in the Sugar Bowl against our 85 team.

Exactly. I don't mind confidence in the least. On the same token I am also one for taking every team seriously. Especially when you haven't been paying like an SEC team as of late. I need not remind everyone of Vandy last year.

I can't put into words my anticipation for the season opener so....
insane.gif

Thank you for reminding me of my ex.

Reactions: 1 person
And it begins....It's like deja vu from a year ago.

Why this fanbase just implodes. Sets unrealistic goals, and goes nuts when it's no where near the high expectations set. Instead of just setting realistic goals and being happy when they are met and exceeded. Yet understanding and still positive if it's a bit less than expected.

I wouldn't even want a 14-0 season cause this fanbase couldn't handle it if the following yrs start to fall. Like Auburn experienced, this is a huge year for Mich and Hoke cause of it, and the Aggies could be on the brink of it too.

Don't want to hear this not a fan crap either cause i prefer long term stability and success than short term success. UT is to special to accept anything less than that.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

What exactly did you mean to say?

A) Worley will surprise everyone and become a great QB, Completion rates averaging above 65%

B) Neal and Lane Become a RB Duo worth fearing, Both finish over 1000yds

C) We finish the season ranked

D) I overdose on the Orange Koolaid and am hospitalized after we stomp Florida:pepper:

There it is, images from the Orange Crystal Ball.. I hope everyone is ready for one intense year of Football!!!

GBO!!

A) Worley will share snaps with Peterman during the first four games, and then Worley will be benched prior to the South Alabama game and he will transfer to another college at the end of the season.

B) Neal & Lane may gain 1,000 each, but they would have had to have had a good off season to prepare for it.

C) Teams are not usually ranked in the top 25 when they end the regular season with a 6 - 6 record.

The Kool Aid is good and I've sipped a bit much myself, however I'm just gonna predict we do surprise and win against someone we aren't supposed to this year. We have nowhere to go but up. Maybe I need a very more sips.

Makes too much sense. Sorry.

You're not a Vols fan! You're using common sense and as we all know VN folks and Vols fans in general don't possess that trait. Now, leave Planet Terra while you still can. :)

Ha!!! Very few on here get for sure y'all. Glad there r a few though. To bad for the rest of the minions cause guys like y'all keeps me coming back. Keep up the good pts y'all :hi:

Yup. I and few others have said it for months. To much from second game to looking ahead to oregan trip etc etc to not be concerned until the game starts. Petrino will out coach CBJ. CBJ will have more talent and home field advatage, but if this game is close I won't have fingernails left by games end.

Welcome to the "get bashed for outside of the box opinions" bud :hi: Just a note...the bully's will eventually go away if u respond back in kind or they'll eat u alive. Their true colors will eventually come out.

What exactly did you mean to say?

Sorry it went right over ur head man. Obviously others got it so must be a personal problem of urs. Best of luck Corky. :hi:

A) Worley will share snaps with Peterman during the first four games, and then Worley will be benched prior to the South Alabama game and he will transfer to another college at the end of the season.

B) Neal & Lane may gain 1,000 each, but they would have had to have had a good off season to prepare for it.

C) Teams are not usually ranked in the top 25 when they end the regular season with a 6 - 6 record.

A) if you have 2 QB's you have NO QB's.. CBJ is smart enough to know this..

B) I don't even know what point your trying to make with that statement.. they need a good off season? Duh?

C) While this is true.. we will not be 6-6 at the end of the season.. we will finish 8-4.. mizzou and auburn will be destroyed and we will knock off someone else we shouldn't.. Florida/GA or S.car... IMO Florida like my prediction stated.

We could be playing only 11 guys, who have to play both ways, and we still would not lose to WKU.

They do not have a single 4 star, and out of 32 sigs in this years class.. 3.. YES THATS IT.. a Total of 3 , 3 star players.

People freaking over this game simply because of who is coaching them, obviously have no earthly idea on what its like to put the pads on and line up for a snap. You still have to beat the guy on the other side of scrimmage from you.. regardless of the play called

You really gonna sit there and say that WKU's 1 star DE is going to get past tiny? or keep him from opening a hole.. BUTCH PLEASE!!!!

Jacob Carter becomes a star
Moore and Randolph have great season
McNeil has breakout year
Brewer wrecks a WR and RB
North gets tons of PT
Croom is sick nasty
Pig starts squealing
Lane has more rushing yards than Neal but Neal has more receiving yards
Young takes a PR or KR to house
Brenden Downs becomes next Witten
Big Dan is feared by OLINES
AJ has all American year, leading to 1st round pick
Tiny will be best OL in NCAA and gets last laugh at Clowney
Jacques will have big year
Palardy will miss a field goal (but hits more)
QBS used interchangeably. Will see a mix of Worley, Peterman, and Dobbs
Top 25 appearance
At least 1 upset over ranked team
Revenge on Vandy
Jones ends first year with bowl win

Reactions: 1 person
Hill is going to be the surprise nobody is talking about, he is going to get behind that big OL and run 4 5 6 7 yards at a time and by the end of the game have a 100 yards rushing.:good!:

Absolutely ... as long as our play-calling is not transparently predictable.

And it begins....It's like deja vu from a year ago.

Why this fanbase just implodes. Sets unrealistic goals, and goes nuts when it's no where near the high expectations set. Instead of just setting realistic goals and being happy when they are met and exceeded. Yet understanding and still positive if it's a bit less than expected.

I wouldn't even want a 14-0 season cause this fanbase couldn't handle it if the following yrs start to fall. Like Auburn experienced, this is a huge year for Mich and Hoke cause of it, and the Aggies could be on the brink of it too.

Don't want to hear this not a fan crap either cause i prefer long term stability and success than short term success. UT is to special to accept anything less than that.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Perhaps ... yet, that's a gamble I'm willing to take ... :question:

Jacob Carter becomes a star
Moore and Randolph have great season
McNeil has breakout year
Brewer wrecks a WR and RB
North gets tons of PT
Croom is sick nasty
Pig starts squealing
Lane has more rushing yards than Neal but Neal has more receiving yards
Young takes a PR or KR to house
Brenden Downs becomes next Witten
Big Dan is feared by OLINES
AJ has all American year, leading to 1st round pick
Tiny will be best OL in NCAA and gets last laugh at Clowney
Jacques will have big year
Palardy will miss a field goal (but hits more)
QBS used interchangeably. Will see a mix of Worley, Peterman, and Dobbs
Top 25 appearance
At least 1 upset over ranked team
Revenge on Vandy
Jones ends first year with bowl win

excellent list! All very possible and then some. By the way...do you know anything about the deer hunting locally(bowling green)? i just leased some land up there around morgantown.

VN Store

Back