Lots of hype start to build around 2024 Vols but let’s be real

I believe we have the makings but in the end we’ll go as far as Nico can take us

While Nico‘s development is critical, to me the most important player this year is Dylan Sampson. I think he has a JaylenWright type season unless he gets hurt. If he is injured, we have great potential behind him, but very little experience.

If we win ten Of first 12, then we can win the next two! Then it’s Championship Game time!!!!!!
I think you're missing one game. Maybe two.

The SEC CG is a possibility at 10-2, 6-2 in conference. Would probably be a 2- or 3-way tiebreaker for the underdog spot, but we'd quite possibly be in the running. On the other hand, the top two teams could conceivably be 12-0 or 11-1. So this is the "maybe."

But for sure, at 10-2 and NOT conference champs, it would take us 3 games to get to the national championship. I don't know what the CFP is calling the rounds, so I'll just use numbers:

There's the "5-8 playing 9-12" round, to bring the number of teams down to 8.
Then another round to get 8 down to 4.
Another round to get 4 down to 2.
Then the CG.

That's a total of 4 rounds to win it all: just 3 if you start in the top 4 "reserved" spots (the P5 conf champs), but 4 otherwise.

So any team in the Power 4 who goes to its Conf.CG and wins, will likely play 12 + 1 + 3 = 16 games to win a national title.
Any team in the Power 4 who goes to its Conf.CG and loses, will likely play 12 + 1 + 4 = 17 games to get the national crown.
Any team who doesn't go to a Power 4 conf.CG will have to play 12 + 4 = 16 to win it all.

The magic total is always 16 or 17.

Go Vols!

I want these glasses? Where do I purchase?
Sorry they were a limited series, only made 300 pair

Reactions: All_Vol87
Let’s play some games first. Sounds a lot like the lead up to last season. One bowl game does not a championship QB make.

Reactions: Rocky Top T
The secondary will determine what kind of season it will be.
If they are an average group or better, it should be a good year. If they are a liability we will have to win shootouts. We are equipped to win high scoring games, but your luck runs out fast when you are bleeding points.

Sorry they were a limited series, only made 300 pair

Well that sucks.

The secondary will determine what kind of season it will be.
If they are an average group or better, it should be a good year. If they are a liability we will have to win shootouts. We are equipped to win high scoring games, but your luck runs out fast when you are bleeding points.
Secondary will be very good because the D line will be elite.

CJH is building a chamionship level program. I think we may make the playoffs this year and I think we will be a consistant top 5 type team in coming seasons. But I don't think we are there this year. Question marks at linebacker and secondary and overall talent level compared to teams like Georgia and Ohio State. Those teams have a roster full of NFL type cornerbacks and linebackers.

Secondary is my only concern. I really think the receivers are going to be special this year.
It's impossible for me to get too far out over my skis until I see a consistent defensive backfield. If all else goes to plan they needn't even be great but if we're to be great they need to be at least "good".

VN Store

Back