Love that the best players wll play!

jacobyvoln27

2020 Vols Decade!!!!
I know before I get roasted that part of this has to do with lack of players at positions. But I believe this coaching staff will play no favorites regardless of stars etc.. That is why I believe you see players like J. Smith and M. Arnold breaking in the top two. Anyone that has ever played the game has heard the story every position is open, when deep down you know that is not true. Play the best players period! G.B.O.

"It's tough, but like I said, we have to move forward," he continued. "We have to find a way to get it done. That's our job. Nobody's going to feel sorry for us. It's just a matter of trying to put the pieces of the puzzle together so that you can put the best team and defense that you have on the field, and you're going to have to adjust. That's what we do as coaches.

"That's our job, so we're not going to talk about the lack of depth, we're not going to feel sorry for ourselves, we're not going to let the players feel sorry for themselves and we're going to push on and move forward."

Exactly. Dooley came in basically writing the young teams off, he gives them confidence to compete this year. Dooley seasoned the young players in a losing mentality, that's why they never grew up.

Reactions: 1 person
It's pretty sad when people are excited about a coach playing the best players.

I'm not ripping on the OP, just commentary about the state of our football program the past few years.

Reactions: 2 people
Don't all coaches play the best players or at least who they think are the best players? Dooley was a terrible game day coach, but surely even he would not play somebody just because?

Then why did Fugate leave? He was clearly the best talent for full back position. He worked very hard, could run, block and catch. Best talent at that position since Bryson....

****ty coaching by Dools and staff benched him and then stuck him buried and out of position. Fugate had a promising freshman year and we haven't heard of him since....it was very strange he didn't play more.....

Then why did Fugate leave? He was clearly the best talent for full back position. He worked very hard, could run, block and catch. Best talent at that position since Bryson....

****ty coaching by Dools and staff benched him and then stuck him buried and out of position. Fugate had a promising freshman year and we haven't heard of him since....it was very strange he didn't play more.....

I'm pretty sure he was beat out by Bartholomew then requested to move to defense.

Anyway, CDD had a lot of problems but I never saw this as one of them. At least he was willing to play young players over veterans if they were better. I agree with the comment about infecting the young players with a loser's mentality. I think his negativity filtered down.

Bart happened

Do you not think Dooley was not playing his best? He played Bray, Darick, and Hunter as freshman. He sucked as a leader but he was putting the best talent he had on the field.

Today's coaches are more likely to play freshman early. In the 70's, 80's and 90's old school coaches wanted to reward upperclassmen for their hard work and loyalty to the program, but back then schools were less likely to fire coaches as quickly and as often as today. Now it is win or else, so more freshman are going to play.

Not to big that guy, but have you looked at the offensive we are running.. Power spread, haven't notice a full back ever playing in the spread offense.
He left because there wasn't a position for him to play in.
He is a good football player though, best of luck to him.

Not to big that guy, but have you looked at the offensive we are running.. Power spread, haven't notice a full back ever playing in the spread offense.
He left because there wasn't a position for him to play in.
He is a good football player though, best of luck to him.

he had already moved to LB before CBJ. I believe LWS had said a couple of things about his lack of desire to play on offense.

VN Store

Back