Maggitt and Johnson getting work on offense

snapcracklepop

Just watched todays's presser. Coach Jones says Curt and AJ are getting worked into the offense. He also said he's working Pig and Justin Coleman at wildcat. He also mentioned that he wants our offense to "own" some "go to" plays that we know will work before expanding the offense. I really think he ge...uh knows what he's doing. GBO!

Reactions: 9 people
I would like to see us run/own 4-5 plays that are a bit special. Something like Fla typically does year-in and year-out and we typically don't stop (those special plays) year-in and year-out.

No one can compare to the BEASTS touchdown to touches ratio. Unless you are an old arse like me and remember the FRIDGE William Perry. GBO

Reactions: 3 people
Hope Maggit doesn't overplay and get hurt again while on offense. Figured AJ would be enough?

O well I shall not question CBJ

Had we been a good team last year then AJ would have gotten some serious national attention because of all those touchdowns he scored.

God bless the beginning of the season! You always have hope. Excited for the rest of the year under butch jones

I think I know how Coleman could be used. I db can catch passes. So put Coleman at wildcat, option out to edge, Coleman pitches and goes to "block". But the person he tossed too passes to Coleman. Wouldn't work with a wr because he's a wr and that would click for the d to guard him. Once a defender makes a pitch you wouldn't expect him to catch a pass??? I think I'm on to something lol

Maggitt and AJ on offense.....wow, are we that desperate? Maggitt hasn't even played in a game this year...If it works I'm all for it, just hope we're not grasping at straws as it does seem concerning.

Reactions: 1 person
Sounds like "Smoke and Mirror's" to me, however having a Stealthy player would be of great advantage

I think I know how Coleman could be used. I db can catch passes. So put Coleman at wildcat, option out to edge, Coleman pitches and goes to "block". But the person he tossed too passes to Coleman. Wouldn't work with a wr because he's a wr and that would click for the d to guard him. Once a defender makes a pitch you wouldn't expect him to catch a pass??? I think I'm on to something lol

Dude, you just gave away our trick play, not a true VFL IMO.

Reactions: 4 people
Here are my thoughts:

Maggitt and A.J will be used for some type of formation when we go for a 4th down conversion.

Coleman and Pig will be utilized for a "trick" play on the special teams. For a kick return, I can see Coleman actually catching the ball and then do a pitch/reverse to Pig for a TD.

VN Store

Back