Maggitt and Johnson getting work on offense

Just watched todays's presser. Coach Jones says Curt and AJ are getting worked into the offense. He also said he's working Pig and Justin Coleman at wildcat. He also mentioned that he wants our offense to "own" some "go to" plays that we know will work before expanding the offense. I really think he ge...uh knows what he's doing. GBO!

Yeah, our coach is G.I. Jones:

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
How bout a Wing T with McCullers and Tiny as the fullbacks and AJ as the tailback. Get out the way

This is the play. The quarterback. Two receivers lined up to the left, one to the right. There's a flanker lined up to the left behind the quarterback. okay. He gives the ball...No, he doesn't get the ball. The receiver goes all the way over there to the left. The quarterback has the ball, he fakes to the left. No. He fakes to the right. He doesn't fake. He thinks about fake He pretends to fake. I don't know where I am. I can't breathe.

Reactions: 1 person
Jones needs a mobile QB

Why does he need a mobile q.b.? He has a mobile phone!!!1

These mobile q.b.'s are out there because there are not enough pro style q.b.'s coming out of high school. I would prefer a pro style q.b. anyday over a mobile q.b.

If a pro style q.b., such as Dan Fouts, can get his offensive line to hold blocks, then he will be more successful than a mobile q.b.

A defensive back can only stay with a wide receiver for a few seconds, then at some point, the wide receiver comes open. A completed pass will result in more than a first down yardage, plus it stops the clock.

However; a guy like Vince Young, who can't read defenses and can't go through his progressions, will look to throw to his primary receiver. Should primary receiver not be open, Vince will run for it. Meanwhile the second or third receiver is wide open 15 yards down the field. Vince scrambles for 6 yards, does not get the 1st down, and the clock keeps ticking. On that scramble, he also places himself in danger of getting injured.
Had Vince been patient, he would have seen the open receiver 15 yards down field, gotten the 1st down and stopped the clock.....

I will take a pro style q.b., E. Manning, P. Manning, Flaco, Doug Williams, Tom Brady, Doug Fouts, or Marino, rather than Vick, V.Young, Flutie, Tarkington, etc

These mobile q.b.'s are out there because there are not enough pro style q.b.'s coming out of high school. I would prefer a pro style q.b. anyday over a mobile q.b.

If a pro style q.b., such as Dan Fouts, can get his offensive line to hold blocks, then he will be more successful than a mobile q.b.

A defensive back can only stay with a wide receiver for a few seconds, then at some point, the wide receiver comes open. A completed pass will result in more than a first down yardage, plus it stops the clock.

However; a guy like Vince Young, who can't read defenses and can't go through his progressions, will look to throw to his primary receiver. Should primary receiver not be open, Vince will run for it. Meanwhile the second or third receiver is wide open 15 yards down the field. Vince scrambles for 6 yards, does not get the 1st down, and the clock keeps ticking. On that scramble, he also places himself in danger of getting injured.
Had Vince been patient, he would have seen the open receiver 15 yards down field, gotten the 1st down and stopped the clock.....

I will take a pro style q.b., E. Manning, P. Manning, Flaco, Doug Williams, Tom Brady, Doug Fouts, or Marino, rather than Vick, V.Young, Flutie, Tarkington, etc

I would take any of these guys. Didn't do much in the NFL, but in college they were GREAT.

NFL is a totally different animal then College.

How did Seattle and San Fran do last year in the NFL?

VN Store

Back