March Madness Selection Show

BallerVolFan

The time has come fellas. Here is how I currently see it shaking out when the bracket is revealed tonight.

1-Seeds:

1. UConn (EAST)
2. Purdue (MIDWEST)
3. Houston (SOUTH)
4. North Carolina (WEST)

2-Seeds:

5. Tennessee (MIDWEST)
6. Iowa State (EAST)
7. Arizona (WEST)
8. Marquette (SOUTH)

The regions Tennessee, Iowa State, and Marquette are sent too are the harder pieces of the puzzle to determine if you don’t understand the bracketing principles.

Basing it off mileage, the Midwest region would be the closest for all 3 teams (Tennessee, Iowa State, Marquette). Per the committee’s bracketing principles, the top 4 teams from each conference will be placed in separate regions. So the South is eliminated for Iowa State and the East is eliminated for Marquette. So if the seed list above is correct….

Tennessee will be in the Midwest with Purdue.

Iowa State will be in the East with UConn.

Marquette will be in the South with Houston.

Since the committee bracketing principles state that teams on the 2-seed line will be placed in their most natural region in true seed list order, Tennessee would be placed in their most natural region first. And then Marquette and Iowa State would be placed in the other two regions opposite of their fellow conference teams on the 1-line.

It will be interesting to see how the bubble shapes up and which teams are slated on the 7 and 10 seed lines. Happy March! Let the Madness begin.

The time has come fellas. Here is how I currently see it shaking out when the bracket is revealed tonight.

1-Seeds:

1. UConn (EAST)
2. Purdue (MIDWEST)
3. Houston (SOUTH)
4. North Carolina (WEST)

2-Seeds:

5. Tennessee (MIDWEST)
6. Iowa State (EAST)
7. Arizona (WEST)
8. Marquette (SOUTH)

The regions Tennessee, Iowa State, and Marquette are sent too are the harder pieces of the puzzle to determine if you don’t understand the bracketing principles.

Basing it off mileage, the Midwest region would be the closest for all 3 teams (Tennessee, Iowa State, Marquette). Per the committee’s bracketing principles, the top 4 teams from each conference will be placed in separate regions. So the South is eliminated for Iowa State and the East is eliminated for Marquette. So if the seed list above is correct….

Since the committee bracketing principles state that teams on the 2-seed line will be placed in their most natural region in true seed list order, Tennessee would be placed in their most natural region first. And then Marquette and Iowa State would be placed in the other two regions opposite of their fellow conference teams on the 1-line.

It will be interesting to see how the bubble shapes up and which teams are slated on the 7 and 10 seed lines. Happy March! Let the Madness begin.
I just hope we aren’t in the same bracket as Purdue. But we probably will be.

Are tip times already announced for seeds/regions or do they announce them during the selection show?

At this point, Purdue is probably the weakest of the 3 top tier teams. I’d rather be in their bracket than UConn or Houston.
Agreed, I think we could beat Purdue....and even Houston, but UCONN seems well balanced and playing peak ball at the right time.

I want to believe, but I admit the cumulative effect of all these years of flaming out going into March has really worn down my ability to buy in to the idea of Tennessee proving people wrong in the tournament.

Probably do okay. Not great, not terrible. Sweet 16-ish again. Have to see the brackets.

I want to believe, but I admit the cumulative effect of all these years of flaming out going into March has really worn down my ability to buy in to the idea of Tennessee proving people wrong in the tournament.

Probably do okay. Not great, not terrible. Sweet 16-ish again. Have to see the brackets.

I think that is any sane UT fan.

I honestly don't give a rat's ass where we go or who is in our bracket. If this team plays like it is capable, it has proven it can beat anyone. And if they play poorly, they can lose to any good team, which most in the NCAA's would be.

No point in speculating on how far we can go, especially not knowing who we will be matched up against. It is meaningless and serves no purpose. Let's just get it on.

I honestly don't give a rat's ass where we go or who is in our bracket. If this team plays like it is capable, it has proven it can beat anyone. And if they play poorly, they can lose to any good team, which most in the NCAA's would be.

No point in speculating on how far we can go, especially not knowing who we will be matched up against. It is meaningless and serves no purpose. Let's just get it on.

My thoughts exactly. Just need to play well.

This is the problem with Tennessee sports teams. Not blaming you, but the collective consciousness of our fanbase is so negative, (and understandably so) it can become a self fulfilling prophecy. We are what we think. I pledge to do my best to think positively, and believe we WILL win every game. Godspeed, and Go Vols!

Reactions: ArdentVol

1-Seeds:

1. UConn (EAST)
2. Purdue (MIDWEST)
3. Houston (SOUTH)
4. North Carolina (WEST)

2-Seeds:

5. Tennessee (MIDWEST)
6. Iowa State (EAST)
7. Arizona (WEST)
8. Marquette (SOUTH)

Could they not also put Tennessee in the East region, as the first two rounds are in Charlotte? (If they’re a 2 seed in the Midwest region, then their first 2 games would have them playing out in Omaha, Nebraska)

VN Store

Back