Marlin Lane REINSTATED!!

BallerVol

Per Hyams "Jimmy Hyams ‏@JimmyHyams 5m
Tennessee RB Marlin Lane has been resinstated to the team, according to a source. Lane had been suspended since middle of spring practice"
Great news! Glad to see him get a shot at getting back. Now let's see if he'll challenge for the #1 spot.

Reactions: 28 people
Is he talking about him be admitted as a freshman? ****BREAKING INCOMING FRESHMAN WILL BE ADMITTED

Reactions: 8 people
Well he better stay out of the Dog House and realize that if he doesn't improve performance (and Neal too), there is a hard charging freshmen (named Hill) RUSHING to replace them as the featured back.

Glad to see Lane do whatever it was he needed to do to get reinstated. Now he just need to take advantage of the second chance he has earned and blow up this season.

Well he better stay out of the Dog House and realize that if he doesn't improve performance (and Neal too), there is a hard charging freshmen (named Hill) RUSHING to replace them as the featured back.

Hill's first name should be Down, cause that's how he runs...

Funny that Lane gets reinstated at about the time that grades would be final, any appeals in, and paperwork put in for release from academic probation.

Great news! Not a great back but he's our most talented back.... depth.

OK gang - they now have Neal, Lane and Hill for RB's that will play. They have DY and Pig for Slot/RB. They have Downs and King as TE's that will play for sure with Meredith and Quinn likely to as well. Then add in all the new guys and back-ups for depth. The ball will move down the field with those guys as the other receivers develop. I feel confident Azzani will be able to get three or four wide-outs that will become Tennessee quality between now and the season. You know that with Croom, Carter, Dallas, Blanc and Bowles there are some guys that can run patterns and catch the ball. Add in North, Jenkins, Harris, Johnson and Smith for back-ups with strong upside along with anybody else I am forgetting.

The cupboard is not bare.

Reactions: 3 people
OK gang - they now have Neal, Lane and Hill for RB's that will play. They have DY and Pig for Slot/RB. They have Downs and King as TE's that will play for sure with Meredith and Quinn likely to as well. Then add in all the new guys and back-ups for depth. The ball will move down the field with those guys as the other receivers develop. I feel confident Azzani will be able to get three or four wide-outs that will become Tennessee quality between now and the season. You know that with Croom, Carter, Dallas, Blanc and Bowles there are some guys that can run patterns and catch the ball. Add in North, Jenkins, Harris, Johnson and Smith for back-ups with strong upside along with anybody else I am forgetting.

The cupboard is not bare.

I really like North and Dallas...where is 40?

Once playmakers get the new uptempo offensive scheme down pat and work out the timing issues (hopefully this is being accomplished now with Team Captains leading the way), the offense should start clicking. It has the potential to keep opposing defenses on their heels. And with the emphasis on conditioning, we should be in great shape for close games going into the 4th quarter.

VN Store

Back