Marlin Lane

crunchimusmaximus

Runs like a beast...just saying....i am surprised not many other people have mentioned it...he is great between the tackles...reminds me of Hardesty the way he runs....runs with a chip on his shoulder....Neal is much improved and may have better measurable, but i still think Lane is the better overall back and has more of a mean streak.

Reactions: 5 people
Ditto tnfalcon....I was concerned I was about to read something about a hamburger joint and a pellet gun. Wheewwww....

Reactions: 1 person
Seriously though, there were a couple runs from Saturday that reminded me of Hardesty, but that was the first time.

Let's see if he can house one on Oregon like Hardesty did to Cal.

Reactions: 2 people
Seriously though, there were a couple runs from Saturday that reminded me of Hardesty, but that was the first time.

Let's see if he can house one on Oregon like Hardesty did to Cal.

That play was BAWSE! I was there and remember getting mad and looking away cause I thought he'd gone down. Then everyone went nuts...

If Lane runs like Hardesty. the last prototypical Tennessee tail back ,the Vols will have a good season. :good!:

A thread started late at night with only the player's name as the title. Dammit OP!

This. Freakin A... Gonna give me a heart attack. And it's not like Marlin Lane has never been in trouble before.. Yeesh.. Come on OP!!

I really want to see him get the bulk of the carries against Oregon...Neal is improving but he still dances around and hestitates too often for my liking....wuld like to see Neal get the ball out of he flat more often and on screen plays while Lane be the bruiser every down back that we need.

A thread started late at night with only the player's name as the title. Dammit OP!

Ditto tnfalcon....I was concerned I was about to read something about a hamburger joint and a pellet gun. Wheewwww....

This. Freakin A... Gonna give me a heart attack. And it's not like Marlin Lane has never been in trouble before.. Yeesh.. Come on OP!!

Can we get a rule added about this?

Reactions: 3 people
He doesn't run east west. He's the north south guy we want in our offense. I also like the way he finishes his runs... BEAST !!!

Reactions: 2 people
Runs like a beast...just saying....i am surprised not many other people have mentioned it...he is great between the tackles...reminds me of Hardesty the way he runs....runs with a chip on his shoulder....Neal is much improved and may have better measurable, but i still think Lane is the better overall back and has more of a mean streak.

It gets mentioned every game here. Coaches feel like Neal is better right now. Is what it is.

Absolutely agree Marlin is the answer ( though Neal has improved). I'm surprised there is so much agreement, though. It seems like most of the past threads about this have been skewed in favor of Neal.
Anyway, the way Lane trucked that guy for WKU just further convinced me that he's my man at RB. Also, I believe he is exactly the answer for how we need to be attacking Oregon in particular.

I just don't understand why he is always 2nd string behind Neal...what matters is in te games and anyone with eyes can tell Lane is the better runner...maybe Neal has more potential, but Lane gets thersults consistently when he is in the and always manages to run north/south....Lane must have a really bad attitude behind the scenes is all i can figure..even Gator fans last year were telling me Lane should be the starter...anyone can see it. He is the only back we have capable of making an NFL roster IMO.

I'll buy into Lane if he masters that wicked spin move Hardesty had going his senior year.

I'll buy into Lane if he masters that wicked spin move Hardesty had going his senior year.

Yea, I'll never forget the one he put on USCe and took it to the house. Amazing run.
As for the lane/hardesty comparisons I can see it.

A good number of people on here have shared the same sentiments as the OP since the Western game, but Neal is #1 for a reason. He's faster and stronger. Before this season and Lane's runs in the second half, he has not been a "strong" runner that's willing to lower his shoulder. He's gained confidence and strength since last year and his injury. I've enjoyed his improvement just as much as anyone, and I hope he keeps getting better and better, but Neal is still #1

A good number of people on here have shared the same sentiments as the OP since the Western game, but Neal is #1 for a reason. He's faster and stronger. Before this season and Lane's runs in the second half, he has not been a "strong" runner that's willing to lower his shoulder. He's gained confidence and strength since last year and his injury. I've enjoyed his improvement just as much as anyone, and I hope he keeps getting better and better, but Neal is still #1

I think they make a good duo. Neal can bounce it outside, and after a couple of times of doing that Lane comes in, the D over pursues, and he gashes them up the middle. Sounds good anyways.

Huh? I guess I need to watch the game for a third time because I remember him consistently getting the lean and powering through the tackle.
I have seen a little more tendency towards that from Neal ( which is encouraging), but he not as far along as Marlin IMO.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back