Marty & McGee "Talkin' Season" w/Coach Josh Heupel

Yeah well FB has the most popular TV & Radio sports talk show in the Country. And he now professes undying devotion to UT. I'm not crazy about him, but he is very knowledgeable in College Football, and he is all over espn. So could be helpful to UT's cause. His looks should be irrelevant.
Knowledgeable?

Finebaum likes Pruitt hire for Vols

Paul Finebaum says Jeremy Pruitt has great coaching experience, and Finebaum thinks Pruitt will do well as Tennessee's next head coach.

Knowledgeable?

Finebaum likes Pruitt hire for Vols

Paul Finebaum says Jeremy Pruitt has great coaching experience, and Finebaum thinks Pruitt will do well as Tennessee's next head coach.

Finebaum wasn't alone in that assessment. Every College AD was trying to hire Saban assistants. It's easy to look back and find mistakes by most everyone.

He JUST SIGNED a HUGE Contract Extension...

Like him or not, He has the biggest talk show in the College Football World. And he IS a UT Grad. And after the 2022 Orange Coffin skit, the Saturday that Tennessee took bama down, I have to cut him some slack .

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Like him or not, He has the biggest talk show in the College Football World. And he IS a UT Grad. And after the 2022 Orange Coffin skit, the Saturday that Tennessee took bama down, I have to cut him some slack .
Finebaum's act is like Lance Russell and Gordon Solie on Championship Wrestling. He hypes the action and sets up the coaches, pundits, and players to get themselves over to the audience. He is the best at it because he is on our minds. When he is on our minds, SEC football is on our minds.

When you look at him that way, he is the best. He is worth whatever ESPN is paying him. He is driving eyeballs to college football.

Last edited:

I've never read this and seeing this paragraph is making my blood boil what Fulmer & Dickey did to him.

From then on, Majors carried a bitterness, a sadness, that never fully went away. He went back to Pitt, where he coached four more years, introduced the world to Curtis Martin, and then retired from coaching in 1996. My father was a football official in the Big East at the time. Once, in the middle of a game, Dad was standing along the sideline during a timeout, when Coach approached him: "Jerry, can you believe my alma mater would do that to me?"

Reactions: chuckiepoo

VN Store

Back