Mass shooting in Thailand

Ugh. So useless.

This (I found interesting) is at the very end of the article -

Mass shootings in Thailand are rare, although gun ownership rates are relatively high for the region. Illegal weapons are also common in the south-east Asian country, according to the Reuters news agency.

Is this true?

He was kicked out of the police force for drug use. My suspicion is meth because Thailand has a huge meth amphetamine problem.

I didn't know that. My son has spent a few months over there and said it's a beautiful but wild place, anything and everything is for sale.

Reactions: PEPPERJAX
I didn't know that. My son has spent a few months over there and said it's a beautiful but wild place, anything and everything is for sale.

It is a very nice place. Just like the states, people are more conservative in rural areas, but the country has changed. Thailand has gone bananas for cannabis recently. Their minister of agriculture has put a large emphasis on medical pot.

Forget California and Amsterdam: This country wants to become the new king of weed (msn.com)
Thailand to give away one million free cannabis plants to households, minister says | CNN

He was kicked out of the police force for drug use. My suspicion is meth because Thailand has a huge meth amphetamine problem.
I think the article says he was booted for meth. Yes they do indeed have a huge meth problem in Thailand, and in most of SEA except Singapore.

Last edited:
I think the article says he was booted for meth. Yes they do indeed have a huge meth problem in Thailand, and most of SEA except Singapore.
The economy of Thailand is abysmal currently as well. Combine that with a crooked Monarchy that has a large influence over the government is a recipe for disaster.

Reactions: EasternVol
The economy of Thailand is abysmal currently as well. Combine that with a crooked Monarchy that has a large influence over the government is a recipe for disaster.
Even when the economy is good there's huge money to be made selling yaba. They've had a serious problem for years. It's probably worse now.

Reactions: PEPPERJAX
Why is that?
I suppose their gun laws are liberal for the region because they weren't colonized. The nearby successor states to British and Dutch colonies retain some colonial laws and civil rights attitudes.
As to why mass shootings are rare there, maybe it's because they have a more traditional society.

I suppose their gun laws are liberal for the region because they weren't colonized. The nearby successor states to British and Dutch colonies retain some colonial laws and civil rights attitudes.
As to why mass shootings are rare there, maybe it's because they have a more traditional society.
Yea, I would be curious as to what they may be doing differently that makes mass shootings so rare there.

Reactions: EasternVol

VN Store

Back