Matt Simms threw for 285...

Be sure to check out the comments in that story. Some Jets fans are so desperate, they're ready to give him the start.

"Simms showed leadership and poise. Something we haven't seen in Gang Green in a few years."

"For the first time in ages, Jets fans got to see a Jets QB who could actually play QB. Time to declare Simms as starter."

"I honestly believe that if Rex wants to keep his job by the end of the season, he should start Matt Simms at QB."

n mo like dat

I actually feel like Simms is the best option for the Jets at this point. Sanchez is damaged goods and Smith is just plain lost. I know he has played against inferior competition but Matt has looked better than both of them.

Badmouthing a guy that has achieved more in his field than so many others who have tried? "This doctor didn't perform brain surgery on a celebrity, so his successful surgeries are not as worthwhile." Same concept. Why degrade the man for what he did last night?

Not the same concept.

Be sure to check out the comments in that story. Some Jets fans are so desperate, they're ready to give him the start.

"Simms showed leadership and poise. Something we haven't seen in Gang Green in a few years."

"For the first time in ages, Jets fans got to see a Jets QB who could actually play QB. Time to declare Simms as starter."

"I honestly believe that if Rex wants to keep his job by the end of the season, he should start Matt Simms at QB."

n mo like dat

Make no mistake about this Volnation - Dooley and Chaney hurt both QBs under their reign.

Simms was thrown under the bus by Dooley; he should never have been pulled in the South Carolina game (we were in that game, and Bray threw a pick-6 on his first pass), and he managed the game FAR, FAR better than Bray.

Bray should never have been played as a freshman.

Both should have been coached by Chaney and neither were. Some of us still recognize the deficiencies in the "40 point a game" Chaney offense. You can draw plays in the dirt and score 40 with the offense we had last year. However, creating an identity and a purposeful offense that can knuckle-down and beat you is another matter - one that Chaney failed at miserably.

Fact is the Bamboo Brain Trust cost both Simms and Bray A LOT of money. I can't believe how bad Dooley is as a Head Coach.

Reactions: 1 person
I like Matt and Zach and all the rest. Just don't like Bray, Bray could win 4 super bowls and I still remember UK. Oh yeah I blame Dooley too.

I actually feel like Simms is the best option for the Jets at this point. Sanchez is damaged goods and Smith is just plain lost. I know he has played against inferior competition but Matt has looked better than both of them.

It sounds crazy, but I think you're right. I went over to the Jets version of Volnation. They have an "Official "Matt Simms for starter"" thread.

I couldn't help but chuckle at their sad state of affairs after last years Tebow/Sanchez debacle.

The way I see it is that he played very well against former college football players, the most talented of college football players, something he couldn't do while he was in college at UT. So I'm happy for him and I think it's very impressive.

Even if he never plays another down, which is doubtful considering the Jets QB problems, he can say he played on the big stage. Good for him, hope he makes the cut tomorrow.

Hope Sanchez doesnt make the cut -- way to go Simms !

Hope he continues to stitch shut the mouths of Simms haters who condemned him so often on this board. I just wonder how much he was held back by the unimaginative play calling of the staff at the time. Lacking Bray's high octave passing talent, he couldn't be the QB he was capable of being simply because he followed orders. Bray was a high risk gambler who could often make the gamble work. Simms was a soldier who followed his orders even if it meant another Charge of The Light Brigade.

You are partially correct in that Dooley was the main issue with Simms not being better. Also, Simms had the toughest leg of the schedule that season, except for UAB game.

If you will recall, people were complaining about Simms because it was obvious that Bray had a better arm and could hit the routes that Simms struggled with.

Simms is tough as nails, if you recall all of the hits he took and jumped back up and headed to the huddle.

Could you imagine if Simms had been able to lead us to a win against LSU in Baton Rouge? He almost did it.

Simms was good but compared to Bray's arm strength, it was obvious that he wasn't going to keep his starting job.....

Can we just all agree that Dooley was the worst coach we have ever had...he even makes Kiffin look like Nick Saban......think of how much offensive talent was wasted under him....it's mind boggling when you think of it....with good coaching we win 10-11 games in 2012.....maybe more..

Hope he continues to stitch shut the mouths of Simms haters who condemned him so often on this board. I just wonder how much he was held back by the unimaginative play calling of the staff at the time. Lacking Bray's high octave passing talent, he couldn't be the QB he was capable of being simply because he followed orders. Bray was a high risk gambler who could often make the gamble work. Simms was a soldier who followed his orders even if it meant another Charge of The Light Brigade.

Every time a guy like Simms succeeds at a higher level it just shows how poor the coaching has been recently at UT. It is even worse if you think of the guys who came here and didn't even get a chance because of the incompetence of the coaches. There have to be a few, at least. Here's to bUTch getting the most out of his players. I believe he will.

I heard he did better in the second half. Of course he did get sacked on the first play. Apparently he heald the ball in the pockect all the way through halftime.

You are partially correct in that Dooley was the main issue with Simms not being better. Also, Simms had the toughest leg of the schedule that season, except for UAB game.

If you will recall, people were complaining about Simms because it was obvious that Bray had a better arm and could hit the routes that Simms struggled with.

Simms is tough as nails, if you recall all of the hits he took and jumped back up and headed to the huddle.

Could you imagine if Simms had been able to lead us to a win against LSU in Baton Rouge? He almost did it.

Simms was good but compared to Bray's arm strength, it was obvious that he wasn't going to keep his starting job.....

It wasn't his arm strength that cost him his job, it was his lack of pocket presence. He was just terrible at understanding where pressure was coming from and getting rid of the ball

VN Store

Back