Mcilory is done and gone home

WDs are supposed to be only for medical reasons. Not because you're playing like **** and blame it on your mental game. It's poor sportsmanship, IMO.

I agree. Unless there's an injury, I think those guys owe it to at least their playing partners to finish the round.

I agree. Unless there's an injury, I think those guys owe it to at least their playing partners to finish the round.

He said he was being a distraction to his playing partners. I call BS. If they can play in Pro-Ams they can definitely play with a struggling fellow pro but one still likely to shoot in the 70s. If anything, it's probably more distracting to have your partner up and leave in the middle of the round.

This. Tiger had some struggles when he first signed with Nike as well, so I hear.

I could buy a club change being an issue 10 years ago but not today. I can't imagine all the testing & fitting nike has done to replicate his previous clubs & they're probably spot on especially the irons. He's just sucking it up & left. Well apparently it's a wisdom tooth. Lol ok

How about the damn fans that pay to watch these guys play?????

There's that too, but I think it's more a professional courtesy than anything else. It really creates a lot of waiting for the two guys that are left playing.

My guess is its something in his personal life that he is dealing with.

I doubts it's simply he wasn't playing well.

Are there any golfers on here from the Charleston SC area? I live in Goose Creek and am always looking for fellow Vols to Tee it up with...

He wasn't going to make the cut and wanted to get to the local Golden Corral while the chicken nuggets were still on the lunch buffet.

I really don't think it's a big deal. How many times has he WD'ed in his career? This is the only time I remember, so i'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

I really don't think it's a big deal. How many times has he WD'ed in his career? This is the only time I remember, so i'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

Yea. A triple bogey & 3 water balls & he packs it up because of a wisdom tooth. Whatever.

There's that too, but I think it's more a professional courtesy than anything else. It really creates a lot of waiting for the two guys that are left playing.

They're either waiting because they are a twosome or because their 3rd is playing like a hack in the Pro-Am. I don't see how it make much difference.

I don't understand why it's a big deal. Plenty of pros have walked off. He's struggling and how do any of us know whether or not he's dealing with wisdom tooth pain?

It's bad sportsmanship.

It'd be like if you were getting your ass whooped in a game of pick-up and left halfway through.

Short of having some sort of actual injury or medical situation, be a man and stick it out.

It's bad sportsmanship.

It'd be like if you were getting your ass whooped in a game of pick-up and left halfway through.

Short of having some sort of actual injury or medical situation, be a man and stick it out.

Good analogy

Which is amazing to me.

Being a hacker it would be hard for me to comment from experience.

He may be suffering from not trusting it yet. IDK

I know when the pros make switches thats all you hear about. May be a mental block right now.

Assuming he was healthy, I think he is better off finishing the round and dealing with some adversity. I don't see where that would hurt him. In the long run it may had been a positive to just play through it. He's young enough to get over it.

Being a hacker it would be hard for me to comment from experience.

He may be suffering from not trusting it yet. IDK

I know when the pros make switches thats all you hear about. May be a mental block right now.

Assuming he was healthy, I think he is better off finishing the round and dealing with some adversity. I don't see where that would hurt him. In the long run it may had been a positive to just play through it. He's young enough to get over it.
I'm sure it's all about confidence, but given the nature of club fitting and how much time surely went into the switch, it just shouldn't be that drastic a move IMO. It's not like they just handed him a set of clubs and said "go play".

I agree he should suck it up and finish. What about the qb that has thrown 4 pics or a pitcher that has given up 3 homeruns, all you can do is continue to try as hard as you can. But I will admit, his name will certainly gain a lot of publicity by this "Babyish, Outlandish Stunt".

VN Store

Back