Michigan Allowing Non-Teachers to Serve As Subtitute Teachers

I remember having a substitute teacher in grade school that told us we were supposed to pronounce the "g" in "bologna" (bo-log-na).

I'll never forget that because nobody in class was buying it. Had to be no more than 6th grade at the time. I think one of my classmates told either the principal or the regular teacher after that.

Reactions: StarRaider
I used to make change in high school working in a convenience store with a mechanical cash register. Math just floated in my brain as people handed me money and I computed the change. Today, our kids don't have a clue how much change to give someone unless the cash register tells them. It is really sad.
We teach the count up method. No math required.

I used to make change in high school working in a convenience store with a mechanical cash register. Math just floated in my brain as people handed me money and I computed the change. Today, our kids don't have a clue how much change to give someone unless the cash register tells them. It is really sad.
These days if I buy something for like 77 cents, give them a dollar and two pennies, and the cashier looks at me like I am from another planet.

I had strep one year and had to call a sub. In Jefferson County back then, you had to call your own even if it meant 30+ calls (my wife can verify). I finally found one after going through most of the list.

There aren't many subs who can teach band and not make things worse, so I gave the kids a study hall day with explicit instructions for everyone for how it was supposed to work. It didn't go that way at all. SOB pulled the recliner from my office across the floor and put it up on the conducting podium, popped a video in DVD player, and went to sleep. The assistant principal caught him.

He wasn't fired until he was subbing for another class, ripped up the teacher's work for the day, and said she didn't know what she was doing. Popped in a movie, put his feet up, and was fired/replaced by lunchtime.

Kids? Is that the reason the average age for bankruptcy filers in the U.S. is close to 50 years old?
It just typically takes that long for the optimism you can pay it off to fade, combined with your poor health results in exorbitant medical bills

So true

VN Store

Back