Michigan Politician Pepper Sprayed And Arrested: "I'll Call Governor Whitmer Right Now"

Emails: Michigan Attorney General Dana Nessel Sought Arrest of Business Owner to Thwart Fox News Appearance

Dana-Nessel-640x480.jpg

Emails obtained by Michigan Capitol Confidential Friday show state Attorney General Dana Nessel (D) sought to arrest a defiant business owner prior to a scheduled appearance on Fox News.

Marlena Hackney, purveyor of Marlena’s Bistro and Pizzeria in Holland, repeatedly defied orders to shutter her business and made frequent appearances on cable news programs and local media outlets to denounce Gov. Gretchen Whitmer’s (D) coronavirus orders.

A March 12 email from Nessel to her communications director and several aides indicated they knew Hackney was going to give an interview to host Tucker Carlson that evening.

“Do we know her whereabouts? We should just have her picked up before she goes on. This is outrageous,” Nessel wrote.

“Should I be prepared to respond to this?” Nessel wrote to aides in another email. “I hope she gets the full 93 days for this. (Is that the max for civil contempt or just criminal contempt?)”

Hackney, an immigrant who fled communist Poland as a teenager, had originally been charged with a misdemeanor for refusing to close her establishment, and then was cited for contempt of court.

“Does MSP (Michigan State Police) intend to go find her? Or are they planning to wait until next week?” Nessel asked in another communication.

MI AG Nessel Sought Arrest of Business Owner to Thwart Fox News

Reactions: Boca Vol
She had no choice.

What? Going out in a wheelchair? LOL. There's always a choice, FP. That choice depends on what hill they are or are not willing to die on. Of course, you and I being regular Joes would probably lose our jobs over it, regardless.

Reactions: StarRaider
About two weeks before turning in my two week notice, I had already decided to leave, the company offered their suite to managers and HR from my building to a concert at Bridgestone, so I went with my wife. There were about 10 of us in the suite.

Fully stocked bar and buffet. I noticed a completely unopened bottle of Woodford Reserve. Well fast forward to the end of the night and I and another manager had polished half of it off, along with a few other random drinks. Walked out of there like a champ and called in the next day.

Last edited:
Michigan State Rep’s Attorney Accuses State Police of Racism After Drunk Driving Arrest

imgonline-com-ua-FrameBlurred-6hMl82KgajWY9-640x480.png

The attorney for Michigan state Rep. Jewell Jones (D) alleged racism was behind his client’s arrest after witnesses say they observed the politician driving erratically and crashing.

Ali Hammoud, the lawyer for Jones, told the Detroit News on Sunday that Michigan State Police used “excessive force” when arresting his client and there was “no proof” Jones was intoxicated.

Michigan State Rep's Attorney Accuses State Police of Racism After Arrest
LOL. Yeah. It was clearly racism. Is that the only defense lawyers ever invoke for minority defendants these days?

Reactions: StarRaider

VN Store

Back