Mike Leach to Miss. St.

Liberal style? 1. He’s not a liberal 2. What’s that have to do with anything?
I think he’s a good hire. Won’t do what Mullen did but is an upgrade over Moorhead and will bring a lot of excitement

If he can tap back into the Dallas TX area for recruits and get some underrated guys out Miss and Louisiana then he'll be cooking!

The dude knows offense and only Bama or LSU will have athletes on defense to consistently defend against it...imo

High octane offenses are taking over the west. LSU, and Bama this year. Lane will come packing heat, and now the pirate. A shift is happening before our eyes in how high level SEC football is played.

Reactions: BigOrangeAl 1979
He’s never been a great recruiter or had very good defenses. I think he is a entertaining coach and I like his offensive scheme. If nothing else his pressers should be very fun to watch.
If he went to a school that’s easy to recruit to I think he could be very successful. There’s pretty good talent in the state but he’ll be going up against Kiffin

I think that Leach is a genius and I am very interested in seeing how he pans out at an SEC school, but I'm certainly happy that we got Pruitt and can't help but think about Leach's former mentor Hal Mumme and how those Kentucky teams boasting a Heisman finalist (and Leach as an OC!) couldn't really get anything going in the Southeastern Conference.

I know that Leach has had greater success than Mumme as a head coach, of course, but Mumme also never got a chance to coach at a Big XII/Pac-12 school because he might be the only coach in football more outputting than Leach.

I'm ready for SEC media day. Leach has gone after A&M before.
"How come they get to pretend they are soldiers? The thing is, they aren't actually in the military. I ought to have Mike's Pirate School. The freshmen, all they get is the bandana. When you're a senior, you get the sword and skull and crossbones. For homework, we'll work pirate maneuvers and stuff like that."

Its really dumb to predict College Football, the most unpredictable sport on the planet.
It's fun to do though! I don't think anybody predicted us to win the NC in 98, maybe we'll have that type season with Henry T leading the way like big Al did back then! One can dream anyway.

VN Store

Back