Mike Matthews looks good

Matthew’s has the potential to be the best WR we’ve had in 20 or so years. It’s tough to say if he’ll be better than some of the guys Manning had the pleasure of tossing the ball to.
Manning made really good guys look great. He helped great receivers become legends. Matthews has a chance to have his name on The Ring of Honor around Neyland. He definitely has the skills and supposedly works even harder. Always remember, we were Wide Receiver U, long before Peyton threw his first TD in PeeWee football. Never forget this list of great Wide Receivers that were drafted between 1969-2001.

Richmond Flowers, Larry Sievers, Stanley Morgan, Jeff Moore, Anthony Hancock, Mike Miller, Darryal Wilson, Willie Gault, Lenny Taylor, Clyde Duncan, Eric Swanson, Tim McGee, Joey Clinkscales, Anthony Miller, Thomas Woods, Vince Moore, Anthony Morgan, Alvin Harper, Carl Pickens, Cory Fleming, Billy Williams, Nilo Silvan, Joey Kent, Andy McCollough, Marcus Nash, David Martin and Cedrick Wilson. These are the WRs that were drafted from 70s, 80s and 90s teams. This does not include any of the great receivers out of the backfield. I suspect we will once again be known as WR U with the QB talent we have now and committed for the future. Nico, Merk, George MacIntyre and Faizon Brandon will attract elite WR recruits and from the portal that want to play in CJH offense.

Manning made really good guys look great. He helped great receivers become legends. Matthews has a chance to have his name on The Ring of Honor around Neyland. He definitely has the skills and supposedly works even harder. Always remember, we were Wide Receiver U, long before Peyton threw his first TD in PeeWee football. Never forget this list of great Wide Receivers that were drafted between 1969-2001.

Richmond Flowers, Larry Sievers, Stanley Morgan, Jeff Moore, Anthony Hancock, Mike Miller, Darryal Wilson, Willie Gault, Lenny Taylor, Clyde Duncan, Eric Swanson, Tim McGee, Joey Clinkscales, Anthony Miller, Thomas Woods, Vince Moore, Anthony Morgan, Alvin Harper, Carl Pickens, Cory Fleming, Billy Williams, Nilo Silvan, Joey Kent, Andy McCollough, Marcus Nash, David Martin and Cedrick Wilson. These are the WRs that were drafted from 70s, 80s and 90s teams. This does not include any of the great receivers out of the backfield. I suspect we will once again be known as WR U with the QB talent we have now and committed for the future. Nico, Merk, George MacIntyre and Faizon Brandon will attract elite WR recruits and from the portal that want to play in CJH offense.
Ahhhh, those names bring great memories! :cool:

Reactions: Pride85
And close your eyes and hear THE Voice of the Vols, John Ward, pronouncing each name as only he could. Followed by first down, touchdown or Give Him Sixx!!!! Oh how sweet it has been. And it’s even sweeter to be back.

Reactions: feathersax
I'm watching highlights and just heard the commentator refer to him as "Luke Matthews" during his first punt return. They better get his name right because they're going to be saying it a lot moving forward.

His TD catch was excellent, but it will be hard to leapfrog the receivers ahead of him with the SEC schedule coming up. CJH tends to go with experience and against tougher SEC teams he doesn't play a lot of different receivers.
We caught Miss State on a bad down year usually don't happen on a traditional every 4 year West opponent. We usually get them at their best in years , see Ole Miss. I think Arkansas may be mediocre and Vandy is Vandy so 3 SECs get him ready for the Post season and also throw in OOC UTEP. MM should get some good reps. I remember Squirrel really came on his first year at the end of the season.

Reactions: walkenvol

VN Store

Back