Milroe is becoming a problem.

I know this is UT football forums but.. this is very relevant to us because we play Bama every year including this one. Jalen Milroe is silently becoming a big problem. I do not think anyone has any question about his legs and ability as a runner. But has anyone been paying attention to his game logs? Last year he pretty much averaged accounting for 3 TD's a game 2 passing 1 rushing. this year so far its 3 and 2. he does not pass for a lot of TD's but his completion percentage is over 65% last year and this year and his TD per attempt is insane.

My question to the room is.. are we sleeping on Bama and more so Milroe so far this season? right now every 9 times he throws the ball in the air its a TD. Every 6 times he runs the ball its a TD. This dude is bringing 35 points to every game he shows up to on his own. UT's defense irrespective of coaching staff or personnel has always had fits with running QB's with arms. Is it just me?
Sleeping on them??? We won once in the last 17 years. Never.

I know this is UT football forums but.. this is very relevant to us because we play Bama every year including this one. Jalen Milroe is silently becoming a big problem. I do not think anyone has any question about his legs and ability as a runner. But has anyone been paying attention to his game logs? Last year he pretty much averaged accounting for 3 TD's a game 2 passing 1 rushing. this year so far its 3 and 2. he does not pass for a lot of TD's but his completion percentage is over 65% last year and this year and his TD per attempt is insane.

My question to the room is.. are we sleeping on Bama and more so Milroe so far this season? right now every 9 times he throws the ball in the air its a TD. Every 6 times he runs the ball its a TD. This dude is bringing 35 points to every game he shows up to on his own. UT's defense irrespective of coaching staff or personnel has always had fits with running QB's with arms. Is it just me?
I doubt we sleep on Alabama, if for no other reason, they are Alabama. A Alabama team that is ahead of us in the polls, the SEC, standings, and the ESPN power rankings. The game should be a blood bath with the team making the fewest mistakes winning.
At this time, I worry more about our first SEC game with Oklahoma and worry about Ala in October.

Reactions: mpfvol

How in the hell can you sleep on Bama

Reactions: Hank Bukowski

Sleeping on Bama? Been a very long time since we’ve done that. Yep, it’s just you.

My question to the room is.. are we sleeping on Bama and more so Milroe so far this season? right now every 9 times he throws the ball in the air its a TD. Every 6 times he runs the ball it’s a TD. This dude is bringing 35 points to every game he shows up to on his own. UT's defense irrespective of coaching staff or personnel has always had fits with running QB's with arms. Is it just me?
im not sure UT ever sleeps on Bama! It’s literally the most important game of the year. At least to me as a vol fan. So I don’t think our guys or coaches will be sleeping on them coming to Neyland

We’re becoming a problem too!!!!! We’re not sleeping on any SEC team! GBO!!!!

No. I think we lose to Bama again. Milroe is easily one of the best QBs in the SEC.

I'm not sure. Are you asking if the fan base is sleeping on Bama and more so Milroe? Or, are you asking if the coaching staff and team are?

I doubt Heupel's staff is looking ahead anymore than whatever the advanced scouting SOP has always been.
Ideally the players are locked into a one week at a time mindset. Your insiders are as good as mine.

Now the fanbase? Sure, we're fans. They're almost certainly a bigger threat than a good bit of our fanbase would like to admit.

Doesn't matter, buck fama!

We are the ones becoming the problem now as we get more confident each game for every one . We are the the ones others are looking at down on their schedule and saying “ oh man , I hope we don’t look past ( name the team ) because we are worried about Tennessee.”

Bama and Georgia can struggle against some teams but play at their best against us. The Bama game will be a slugfest, Georgia too.

VN Store

Back