Mincey Setting Himself for A Fall

Can't be too upset with Mincey. He essentially came to Knoxville in the same fashion he left. While we could certainly utilize him this upcoming season, watching him whore himself out to another school wasn't really unexpected either. Happy trails.

Reactions: cachurch
I love it. We have too many big games next year and UK could have been a game we overlooked but he is making sure we look forward to playing them.
I always look forward to crushing KY fans fantasies every year

Reactions: volKano
From what I remember there were warning signs with him all throughout. Can take the man out of Florida but can't take the Florida out of a man.

Don't go away mad, just go away.

He want a gator..he wasnt a vol and he is not a wildcat either...he is someone that is not a history student..the way pressline read ...

He will be suffering from undisclosed injuries whe they come to Neyland and won’t be available!

This idiot must be truly butt-hurt Tennessee didn't pay him. He continues to shoot off at the mouth about Tennessee. Great job Gerald. It's not like he was getting any NFL looks with his pathetic PFF grade, but now NFL scouts get to add "Extreme Head Case" to the list of negatives. Way to go moron!

Here is his latest hit job on Tennessee:

F him and Go Vols!
Honestly, what he said wasn’t bad at all. The guy played here and now plays somewhere else. People are making too much out of this.

This idiot must be truly butt-hurt Tennessee didn't pay him. He continues to shoot off at the mouth about Tennessee. Great job Gerald. It's not like he was getting any NFL looks with his pathetic PFF grade, but now NFL scouts get to add "Extreme Head Case" to the list of negatives. Way to go moron!

F him and Go Vols!
I'm sure that every NFL franchise is busy scouring PFF to determine what players they should target.

He may have been better than what UT had, but the dude was kind of a liability. Not bashing him because he transferred, but I never was impressed with him.
He was the worst graded non-Vandy tackle in the sec last year I’m pretty sure. Losing him was a great thing. Mediocre player with a **** attitude.

Reactions: JRich
I have no insider knowledge, but I feel like Mincey figured by entering the portal many big schools would want him--that list wasn't what he thought it was going to be. I wouldn't be surprised if he tried to come back and Heupel told him "once you're out, you're out" and he had to settle for Kentucky. Either way, it was a poor decision.

F him and Go Vols!
But he was going to be paid.

From his actions, it’s very clear he was shown the door once Heard became available.

From his actions, it’s very clear he was shown the door once Heard became available.
He was gone as soon as the portal allowed two transfers. AP alluded to him looking at the portal as soon as that passed. It wasn’t just money, he wanted and thought he should play LT. You get some bad advice at times too from family and friends and think maybe the grass is greener in another pasture. I don’t think the staff moved on from him but I don’t think they were crying any tears either.

With all that's going on at UT, Mincy isn't much more than a pimple on our collective butt. His departure allowed us to upgrade...which wasn't actually all that hard.

Reactions: wmcovol

VN Store

Back