Mo Couch's status?

Where i come from crutches and boot means a fffffffing broken leg or fffffffffffffff up knee.:ermm:

In the past couple of years, UT has had guys walk around in a boot all week to help healing for players they knew were playing on Saturday.

I don't know Couch's issues but a boot doesn't mean anything of the sort in sports medicine.

In the past couple of years, UT has had guys walk around in a boot all week to help healing for players they knew were playing on Saturday.

I don't know Couch's issues but a boot doesn't mean anything of the sort in sports medicine.

Can you clarify? That's nuts.

[/B]

Can you clarify? That's nuts.

Boots are used all the time to aid healing for various things. They even have ones that are hi-tech and very expensive that will stimulate healing while you wear them.

There are also reasons to wear them if a person might be hurt/displaying symptoms of an injury but is otherwise non-diagnosable with an actual injury when doing a standard check or if a person has had certain injuries in the past and you want to give the foot/ankle area a rest. Soft tissue damage, inflammation, etc, doesn't always mean a diagnosable injury has occurred beyond saying diagnosing 'soft tissue/inflammation' but with athletes, people with certain conditions, and so forth you want to play it safe.

I just called Mo and asked him about it. He said he is fine and just dealing with soreness/bruising/strain in his heel and ankle. He will be back no later than W. Ky. If he stays out that long, it will only be for healing and rest time. He said if we played FL tomorrow he'd be on the field. The boot is purely to relieve stress on the leg. Let the boot do the work.

For those of you who dont remember, I met Mo a couple of years ago after he reached out to my 12 year old cousin after he had his leg amputated after a hunting accident. Mo has become a friend of the family and has been a huge part of my cousin's recovery. He has been there every step of the way. Regardless of how you feel about him on the field, you all nee to know that Mo is a great player, but more importantly he is a great role model, person, and father. We are lucky to have him as a representative of our school. The epitomy of what it means to wear the orange. A true Volunteer.

Last edited:
Reactions: 11 people
I just called Mo and asked him about it. He said he is fine and just dealing with soreness/bruising/strain in his heel and ankle. He will be back no later than W. Ky. If he stays out that long, it will only be for healing and rest time. He said if we played FL tomorrow he'd be on the field. The boot is purely to relieve stress on the leg. Let the boot do the work.

For those of you who dont remember, I met Mo a couple of years ago after he reached out to my 12 year old cousin after he had his leg amputated aftera hunting accident. Mo has become a friend of the family and has been a huge part of my cousin's recovery. He has been there every step of the way. Regardless of how you feel about him on the field, you all nee to know that Mo is a great player, but more importantly he is a great role model, person, and father. We are lucky to have him as a repreaentative of our school. The epitomy of what it means to wear the orange. A true Volunteer.

That's good to hear. It sounds like Coach Jones is running a very physical camp! On the one hand, I'm glad he is to build toughness. On the other hand, I worry about our depth. I guess it's a "damned if you do and damned if you don't" situation.

For those of you who dont remember, I met Mo a couple of years ago after he reached out to my 12 year old cousin after he had his leg amputated after a hunting accident. Mo has become a friend of the family and has been a huge part of my cousin's recovery. He has been there every step of the way. Regardless of how you feel about him on the field, you all nee to know that Mo is a great player, but more importantly he is a great role model, person, and father. We are lucky to have him as a representative of our school. The epitomy of what it means to wear the orange. A true Volunteer.

That's great to hear. Sounds like a great kid right there.

VN Store

Back