Momentum is easier to keep when you're on top...

CroKev

The Oldest Sport
We are currently 1st place in the SEC in recruits and just 28 points behind both Texas (UTjr.) and ND according to Rivals. If any of our recruits who haven't committed yet are reading this, wouldn't it be great if you were the one who made the announcement that put TENNESSEE back on top of the recruiting world? Sign up boys!:)

Reactions: 1 person
Top shelf players can walk in and play right away! Just hope the NCAA doesn't come back around and snoop.

When was the last time UT beat SC? Think waaaaaay back.:loco:

Kiffin's year here. We almost beat your team every time we play them though. The game last year and the year before that was close but Dooley was coach so we found ways to lose.

Reactions: 3 people
Do you have momentum on the bottom?

Actually, that's true most of the time - when you're on top, it's really easy to maintain positive momentum. We all know that. However, when you're on the bottom, it takes a really special person to turn it around. USCe was a bottom dweller forever until Spurrier came around (Holtz couldn't do it). I think we've got the right coaching team in place to take us back, based on just the recruiting alone.

Btw, USCe should have a lot of momentum right now after an 11 win season. So what's up with that # 47 ranking on Rivals recruiting? I mean you're behind teams like Temple, Rice, and Western Michigan! It's unusual for a team with winning ways to lose their momentum so quickly...:dance:

Reactions: 4 people
Actually, that's true most of the time - when you're on top, it's really easy to maintain positive momentum. We all know that. However, when you're on the bottom, it takes a really special person to turn it around. USCe was a bottom dweller forever until Spurrier came around (Holtz couldn't do it). I think we've got the right coaching team in place to take us back, based on just the recruiting alone.

Btw, USCe should have a lot of momentum right now after an 11 win season. So what's up with that # 47 ranking on Rivals recruiting? I mean you're behind teams like Temple, Rice, and Western Michigan! It's unusual for a team with winning ways to lose their momentum so quickly...:dance:

Well Said!

Reactions: 4 people

I bet a lot of schools recruiting against South Carolina have asked recruits how much longer will SOS be there and put doubts into their minds. Good strategy to use recruiting in South Carolina right now.

Spurrier maybe, maybe has five years left. Then, once he retires, you guys will hire a dud coach and drop to the bottom of the SEC while Tennessee starts raiding your state for talent like we used to.

Enjoy your "close but no cigar" seasons while they last.

Reactions: 3 people

Three years ago is "waaaaaay back"? It's cute that you already know how to use the Internet at your age. Hey were you born before 1999? '99, you know, the year the gamecocks went 0-11. 0 and 11. Seriously.

Didn't. Win. A. Single. Game.

Last edited:
Three years ago is "waaaaaay back"? It's cute that you already know how to use the Internet at your age. Hey where you born before 1999? '99, you know, the year the gamecocks went 0-11. 0 and 11. Seriously.

Didn't. Win. A. Single. Game.

They went 1-10 in 1998. Great time for USC football

VN Store

Back