More Players In Trouble. Just Reported..

westsidevol

on a Knoxville tv station. Evidently Mayo and Ayers were at the UT Center when the Daniel Brooks altercation occurred, several weeks ago, someone swore out warrants, and they were arrested at Gibbs Hall at approx 11 AM this morning.
Fulmer had a Come to Jesus meeting this afternoon with the team and rather strong language was used!

The team members have better conduct themselves the way they should be this summer or Phil may make an example out of one of them. I don't think at this point he would care who it was, even if were Riggs, Mahelona, or any other starter. He needs to nip this in the bud right now or it could get out of hand and I think now he realizes that.

I think he is doing what he can. I hope the seniors on the team step up and take a leadership role as well. Everyone needs to pitch in on this as coach cannot do it alone.

Originally posted by Volstorm@Apr 13, 2005 1:06 PM
That's funny, I thought that happened YESTURDAY!

It seems like he has been a couple days behind on all the announcements. But hey, better to be late than a UGA fan. Oops, I mean...

How come I don't ever hear anything until I post it, then everyone says it has already been posted.

I know for a natural fact that I have not seen this posted on here. I know what you guys are trying to do but it won't work because I know what I'm talking about.

Originally posted by westsidevol@Apr 13, 2005 3:14 PM
I know for a natural fact that I have not seen this posted on here. I know what you guys are trying to do but it won't work because I know what I'm talking about.

Actually, it was posted yesterday...

Link

well I hate to inform you guys that my post was not exactly like the post below. There was a difference. And I am starting to think that someone is backdating these posts to make it look like I am a day late. I am going to be watching things more carefully from now on- you can bet on that.

OK West once again you twist the actual news.

1. Ayers and Mayo turned themselves in
2. Mayo is a case of mistaken identity hence not being suspended by Fulmer.

KNOXVILLE, Tenn. -- Two Tennessee freshmen were charged Tuesday with aggravated assault for their role in fights that broke out between football players and fraternity members at an on-campus party last month.

Jerod Mayo and Robert Ayers, who redshirted last season, turned themselves in and were released from the Knox County Detention Facility on Tuesday.

The arrest of Mayo and Ayers comes two days after quarterback Brent Schaeffer and receiver Bret Smith were charged with misdemeanor assault for allegedly hitting a student who had been arguing with Schaeffer's girlfriend in a dorm early Sunday.

A total of 11 players have been either charged or cited since February with crimes ranging from underage drinking and shoplifting to assault.

"We've got some very immature young men on this football team, and certainly, if not immature, socially unadjusted at this time," coach Phillip Fulmer said Tuesday. "I'm extremely embarrassed and disappointed in the actions of a number of our players over the last several months. We have a large majority of our guys doing the right thing and a few that have embarrassed us in a very big way."

Ayers, a defensive end from Clio, S.C., was suspended from the team by Fulmer. Mayo, a linebacker from Hampton, Va., was not suspended.

Mayo issued a statement through the athletic department, claiming he did not take part in the incident.

Reserve linebacker Daniel Brooks, who was named as a suspect in a police report was not charged. Fulmer suspended him for the first two games of next season for repeated bad behavior, a decision he made several weeks ago but didn't announce until Tuesday.

Fulmer apologized to the university community, the school president, the athletic director and the team's fans. He was visibly angry and said his tolerance for misbehavior was very low.

"I'm not happy right now," he said.

AP NEWS
The Associated Press News Service

APRIL 12 STATEMENT FROM UT SOPHOMORE Jerod Mayo:
"I did not hit anybody and I have no reason for being charged in this incident. My name and reputation are very important to me and I would not do anything to embarrass myself, UT or my teammates.

"I look forward to getting to the bottom of this."

Can you understand that Westdawg

Originally posted by westsidevol@Apr 13, 2005 2:27 PM
well I hate to inform you guys that my post was not exactly like the post below. There was a difference. And I am starting to think that someone is backdating these posts to make it look like I am a day late. I am going to be watching things more carefully from now on- you can bet on that.

It must be a conspiracy!! I bet it's Fulmer doing it just to make you look bad. Also, take a look at the UT news links at the bottom of the main page. These are updated in real time and have most of these stories posted.

Originally posted by westsidevol@Apr 13, 2005 3:27 PM
And I am starting to think that someone is backdating these posts to make it look like I am a day late.

:lol: Westside, I can assure you that nobody is "backdating" post's trying to make you look bad.....Come on now.

Originally posted by westsidevol@Apr 13, 2005 2:27 PM

It is me. I am secretly making sure posts are being "backdated" just so everyone can turn against you. I am evil

No One West is backdating the post to make you look bad. You do that well enough on your own!

The Fulmer machine has now made it a point to make West look bad HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

the news I got was posted by Tennstud and he may be mistaken but he is right more often than he is wrong.

The part about Mayo came out later, so no I was not trying to mislead anyone. It seems things are changing all the time with these people. Who knows what will come up next.

I think that would be credible not creditible but I still do not think you get info any quicker that TS unless you know coach Fulmer personally.

But that's what is great about freedom. He has the privledge to look like a complete fool if he desires (as long as he refrains from personal shots).

Originally posted by Volstorm@Apr 13, 2005 3:28 PM
But that's what is great about freedom. He has the privledge to look like a complete fool if he desires (as long as he refrains from personal shots).

Too bad they don't feel that way on the Bammer board. :lol:

VN Store

Back